2022 BINGO Will run through all of 2022.
The theme of BINGO is to fill out a bingo card filled with goals you write yourself.
When a row, column, or diagonal is completed, “shout” (type expressively) BINGO, and if you want, claim a prize by @-ing the person providing it. (Prizes will be put in a later post, a link will be provided)
Making Your Card
Keep in mind a standard bingo card:
Which typically has 25 spaces, with one of those being a free space.
Create a BINGO card with up to 24 goals. Or 25, because some people like to live life on the edge without a free space, or like square numbers… You do you. I’m not the boss of you. This card can be digital or physical.
There are tools online where you can fill in a bingo card and have it randomize for you. I’ve been looking at this one, which allows you to randomize just column-by-column if you want. So you can have a column be a category of goals.
- One card per person.
- You may claim a prize for each BINGO.
- Refrain from claiming additional limited-quantity prize until December starts, to make sure everyone gets a good chance at those “limited edition” items
- You may delay your BINGO prize claims.
- Goals on the board must be completed after January 1st 2022 and before January 1st 2023.
- You can change your goals as much as you want before 2022 starts.
- You may re-do your board once during the year if you want.
- If something happens that makes it impossible/bad to complete a goal, change it. No hard feelings. Just don’t run a marathon with a broken foot because of this challenge, okay?
- You can join at any time during the year!
- Constructive discussion about how to accomplish goals is welcome, but please respect it if someone says a goal is not up for critique on its difficulty or usefulness.
- Goals don’t all have to be huge. Be kind to yourself. Have fun. Put “pick my nose” and “pet the cat” in there with “get a new job” and “buy a house” if you want.
- Consider that some goals like “don’t do x all year” or “do x every week for the whole year” can’t be officially finished until the end of the year. These aren’t prohibited, just keep in mind it could make getting BINGO before Dec. 31st harder.