2022 BINGO! A Choose-Your-Own-Goals challenge.

Okay here we go:

B I N G O
Save 22% of income Pass CMA Teach N to swim Do 30 day yoga challenge Finish sweater
Figure out if I should change to Trad IRA Pass AICPA nonprofit pt 1 Take a dance class Get PT for hands Read 26 books
Transfer custodial roth to my own Write Thesis Free Learn to use chopsticks correctly Volunteer 100 hours
1 month without buying work snacks Graduate Perfect jammy ramen eggs Put everyone’s birthdays in planner 1 spectacular baking project
Buy nothing except groceries for 1 month Make master resume Eat at 5 neighborhood restaurants 130 hours of exercise Learn stranded knitting
4 Likes

You probably don’t need a whole “food blog.” I was doing menus/recipes during lockdown and ended up doing what I call a links list about every month or quarter as needed.

Just do a regular blog, talk about what you want, put in links and then make a blog post that’s a summary of what you’ve said that others might want to find every now and then.

I made the example below out of my head, it isn’t real, but gives you the idea.

I set up the list chronologically, following the posts in the original blog. The idea is if someone remembers they wanted the recipe after the potato-onion soup, they’ll be able to find it that way. When my comments or ideas were in a second post, I’d link to that. I’d also list any links in the original blog. This sounds confusing, it isn’t really.

Harder to describe than do!

(Potato-Onion Soup) - (Comments) (original recipe)
(Making recipes more frugal) - (My ideas) (other ideas) (coupon links)

Would that work?

3 Likes

Yes! Basically I would enjoy running a blog if it doesn’t have to be so niche that I get bored. Also it just has to be easy to manage.

1 Like

I started the one I’m talking about sometime around 2012. It works and doesn’t. The last post I wrote is titled “Goodbye” because wordpress’s new block editor is such a PITA to work with it drives me nuts.

I’m spoiled. I’ve been writing on computers since the dark ages, about 1981. I’ve worked on dedicated word processing systems, multi-million dollar mainframes, and tiny home computers. When I can’t just write something I get annoyed! If it happens often enough, I decide I’m going to do something about it, like move my blog. Which I haven’t done, I’ve just stopped writing one instead.

Hm. I should edit my BINGO to include that!

2 Likes

Oh nooo, I didn’t realize wordpress had become a PITA. I wonder if there’s a new, easy thing I could use. Because wordpress was kinda my plan.

It may not be a PITA for you. I have very little patience these days, has to do with being an old fart!

1 Like

Heeeeere we go!

Edit: ran some math, reduced 10k in nest egg to 5k to be more doable this year (I was looking at old, living-at-home numbers)

6 Likes

While I didn’t get a bingo in 2021, this was fun to work on throughout the year so here we go 2022:

14 Likes

Omg your board is CUTE!

2 Likes

Agree with Greyweld, that’s a really cute board. I was planning on putting mine in my bullet journal today for tracking purposes and yours gives me inspiration for how to do so!

2 Likes

OK, here’s my board! The middle square, obviously, is a free square.

Screen Shot 2022-01-01 at 7.48.50 PM

There’s a lot of “short form so things fit on the board,” so here below the cut is the full list.

Summary
  1. Fully clear/clean sink and counter

2. Get the top of the stove actually clean

3. Record at least 100 days of natural observations in Llewelyn planner

4. Hang quilt (1. acquire drywall screws 2. stain quilt hangers 3. wash, dry, and iron quilt 4. attach quilt hangers to wall 5. hang quilt)

5. Do a spell a month (12 spells)

6. Pull a tarot card for each month

7. Set up a spousal IRA

8. Read 12 books by Black authors

9. Read 12 books by Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Latinx, Jewish, and/or Arab authors

10. Go on a date

11. Read 12 books from my own shelves

12. Read 12 books already downloaded

13. Write 12 letters to elected officials (and keep track this time)

14. Bake something I’ve never baked before

15. Make book purse

16. Take a social media break

17. Reach 3rd castle in Finnish duolingo

18. Reach $100k invested

19. Participate in Plastic-Free July

20. Get YouTube queue down to 15 videos

21. Get Libby holds list down to 5 books

22. Pass on Sisterhood of the Traveling Nightshirt

23. Read all my bookspin and doublespin picks

24. Complete the Four Fours in Twenty-Two reading challenge

5 Likes

All right, let’s go!

7 Likes

Here we go!

9 Likes

I love your free space!

1 Like

My current card. I decided to leave four blank spots cause pandemic. Basically I’m treating this as a spot for future goals that will still hopefully be done within 2022, I just don’t know what those things are yet.

Edit: Need to add “Get wisdom teeth removed”, “See orthodontist”

9 Likes

Woohoo!

6 Likes

Ooh, I should have put play ukulele on mine! I haven’t played much since the pandemic and I miss it.

2 Likes

I’m not good at this. I want to have already crossed off one or two things. We’re seven days into the year, my subconscious does not believe in marathoning.

3 Likes

Forgot to put my bingo here until now.

4 Likes

Week 1: The only thing I’ve finished is the free spot of course. But I’ve done work on: the writing (which I have to finish before I can sell it), keeping the documentation up to date (part of the writing), closing the storage (5 boxes out this week), track the cleaning, and food/waste tracking.

4 Likes