Tiny Victories

I’m gonna make a peach-blueberry cobbler just as soon as these peaches ripen…

3 Likes

I was feeling guilty about how much more of the overnight / very early morning parenting Mr H was doing. Ewok fixed this by waking up at 4am and needing me to hold him so he could sleep (he’s struggling with congestion in his chest). Now I feel like an equal parent and a good partner again :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The weather is so nice and our backyard is all set up for outdoor play, so we have spent about 4 hours outdoors this morning.

I overdid it a little and now need to sit quietly for the next 4 hours, but WORTH IT.

4 Likes

We had enough cheese for the party.

5 Likes

Tonight my mom had over one of her friends, whose son died suddenly last week. Friend has hardly slept in days. After dinner she went out on the patio and lay down on the outdoor sofa, and I played a recording of Kid-4 singing a worship song, and she finally drifted off to sleep. She was still there when I left. I feel so much like one person touched another’s heart tonight without even being there.

9 Likes

@TNT I’m sorry to hear of your mother’s friend’s loss, and glad you could provide some comfort to her.

My tiny victory is that I started finding all the spreadsheets and documents I’ve made in attempts to organise our grocery shopping and meal planning over the past decade into the one folder on my computer.

2 Likes

I’m in the waiting room of a massage place, ready for a stretch session. I’m pretty excited about this.

1 Like

I got a rebate check for $125 from my state health insurance. I don’t know why. I am accepting it.

4 Likes

I have 3 more degrees of flexion in my ankle than I did three weeks ago. Halfway to normal flexion! :muscle::muscle::muscle:

5 Likes

I made myself a lunch containing protein, carbs + veg (my 3 main food groups) at an appropriate time of day! AND THEN ATE IT.

8 Likes

I have made a plan to have fun every day until school starts.

6 Likes

Benadryl is a miracle sleep inducer which even enables going back to sleep after cat stomping/ dog whining.

For reference: Tiny Complaints

1 Like

Current situation:

12 Likes

I got an email yesterday from my health insurance telling me I’m going to be getting a rebate check shortly. Insurance providers are only allowed to charge X% over the amount they pay out in claims. So if they didn’t pay enough claims last year, they have to refund a portion of premiums to their customers.

2 Likes

I’m getting $8.47 as a credit against my October premium. Hey, it’s better than nothing I guess.

4 Likes

I woke up with horribly painful hands and feet and there was a crisis at the airbnb so I ended up cleaning it. (This is no longer my job, normally)

BUT

This afternoon I’m taking my kids to a pool with salt water instead of chlorine, waterslides, and a HOT TUB. I will feel better soon.

Plus my friend brought soup over so dinner is sorted.

8 Likes

HOT TUUUUUB

And soup. Mmmm.

1 Like

Kid-4 is home. I missed her.

4 Likes

7 Likes

I napped. The puppy let me. Then, she asked to go out BEFORE I had made oatmeal, which is a miracle because she seems to have some sort of oatmeal radar in which I end up abandoning it in the microwave and come back to cold, gummy oats after she takes her time sniffing about. When we were out, I didn’t have to walk by any smokers. (Two of the most Frequent Offenders might have moved from my building! If they have, this could make for a substantial improvement to my life).

7 Likes