Tiny Victories

I took kids to the pool. I zoned out in the hot tub while they swam. It was good. Then as I got home my friend needed help picking her kid up. That friend is now making dinner for us, using our elderly leftovers with some new ingredients. Everyone wins!

7 Likes

I went to the ex. I love the ex. And now I’m home

1 Like

I feel motivated today!

5 Likes

I wanted to sleep in but I got up and went for a walk instead. It was really nice.

4 Likes

I closed the windows and slept with wool socks on (in August!) And woke up not in terrible pain.

8 Likes

I needed to make a return today but didn’t remember where the receipt might be. Before I started looking through the house for the receipt, I changed out trash in one room and saw that my past-self had stashed a plastic bag there for my future-self. The receipt was in that bag. Woo!

3 Likes

My husband was gone for multiple days (home in 15 min!!!), it’s been hot as hell, I’ve been sleeping poorly, and the pup got me up at 5am for an urgent trip outside (bonus: near creepy people!). But I didn’t get mad at her a SINGLE TIME he was gone. She can be… a lot sometimes. So no frustration in this case is a big win!

11 Likes

I cooked and ate real food with fresh veggies! Tofu taco scramble with zucchini and onions! And I decided fuck sleep and drank 100ml of migraine alleviating coke. Everything is good and beautiful in T2.

Also, people are noticeably happy and unsurprised to discover I’m knocked up. Because I look knocked up

12 Likes

I convinced a person to pick up free plants from me and it turns they have similarly sized offspring! Maybe they’re new park buddies…

9 Likes

My dirty hippie makeup order arrived today and the products are SO GOOD.

8 Likes

Which ones did you get?

Got the volumizing mascara and the eyeliner. I need to get better at using the applicators since the process is a bit different from what I’m used to, but I’ve been wearing them all day and I like it so far.

1 Like

The mascara doesn’t smudge all over your face?! I found the lengthening mascara TOO SMUDGY

1 Like

I got a smudge because I teared up at a story someone told me, but other than that it didn’t smudge at all. I just washed my face and I’m IN LOVE with how easily it comes off. My last eyeliner and mascara took a lot of scrubbing with my makeup eraser cloth to get them to come off and was annoying. This is a nice change for me

3 Likes

I have never worked out Tumblr but that’s ok because a bunch of Tumblr has made it as screenshots onto Pinterest and now I’m being entertained by feminism, story prompts and Harry/Ginny fanfic. I FINALLY kind of get H+G now. They were a total “wait whut.” In the book. I didn’t get Ginny at all.

(I still don’t get Ginny so maybe I should re-read the series?)

4 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/hellogiggles.com/lifestyle/why-ginny-weasley-is-the-best-harry-potter-character/amp/

5 Likes

I’ve survived the day. It’s almost Ewok’s bedtime.

2 Likes

Oh, and neighbour passed on an old egg beater for Ewok. He LOVES IT. Success.

2 Likes

Oh no, Ginny herself was great. But she’s too far removed from me confidence/personality wise and the relationship with Harry made no sense…

On reflection, I think what I don’t get is Harry?

Clearly need to dig up the books.

4 Likes

Harry is so boring. Plus, who suffers 11 years of contestant abuse and neglect and is just fine, ready to trust adults and live a normal life? I think Harry is the weakest character in the books, along with Ron.

7 Likes