Tiny Victories

Reclusive asshole cat is enjoying tiny kitten. Unexpected but welcome development.

13 Likes

How is Dave?

2 Likes

He’s getting progressively more social. Today he let bigger kid pet him, which is a first. Kitten is very good for him.

8 Likes

That’s really awesome to hear. Talk about another set of Tony Victors. Good job, Dave!

4 Likes

I love Dave. I’m glad he loves kitten. Kittens fix everything

3 Likes

SirB and I figured out something novel and (hopefully) tasty we can make and eat at home, so that we don’t order food. It’s a miracle, since I’m being fussy and cravings driven all of a sudden. And he’s a (loving) enabler.

5 Likes

HUGE QUEEN TONI VICTORIA: MR H HAS GIVEN ME PERMISSION TO REPLACE THE FRONT LAWN WITH RAISED GARDEN BEDS FOR VEGES!!

14 Likes

HAIL THE GOOD MONARCH BUTTERFLY AND PRAISE ALMIGHTY DOG! HUZZAH!

8 Likes

Yay for Dave!

1 Like

H and I finally got time to sit with the stand mixer I got off of buy nothing. After YouTube, some swearing, and a little tin of grease we have successfully swapped and regreased it!

And I made sugar scrub to test it out.

8 Likes

Kid-4 and her best friend are visiting London this week, Kid-4’s first overseas trip without a parent. When Kid-2 (who lives in Italy) found out, he booked a flight over there for a quick overnight. This will be the first time they’ve spent any real quality time together in probably 3 or 4 years. :heart:

7 Likes

With Mr Yarrakiwi and our son and his gf (she’s visiting from Montreal - long distance relationship at the moment) went to Come from Away. We all loved it. The Tony Victor relates to my son going to, and enjoying a musical theatre production!
I first heard of the wonderful story behind it when there was an article in the Age (Melbourne newspaper) a few months ago. (USA and Canada people are possibly familiar with it?)

4 Likes

I read the book when it first came out; what a lovely story! I’ve read it a few times since when I needed a reminder of how fantastic people can be :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was doing fine until they got to talking about saving the old dogs. Now I’m a bit sniffly. What an amazing story.

2 Likes

Tony Victor: I’m eating the food I have right now despite my whining in Tiny Complaints.

Turns out leftover dal is surprisingly good if you stir in some salsa and eat it with tortilla chips. Bonus: this is some of the dal I mentioned needing to get out of the freezer in the pantry challenge thread.

4 Likes

Yep, ditto the care for the animals and also what they did for the Make-A-Wish foundation children who had been headed to Disney.

1 Like

I hung up decorations that have been cluttering one of our flat surfaces for ages.

I spent an hour and a half gardening this morning – and I can see a little acorn squash forming!

I made carne asada for dinner with homemade tortillas and mexican rice from scratch.

I got my laundry done before 9 pm.

I actually feel like a competent adult.

5 Likes

I married the right man. Probably not a tiny victory.

6 Likes

My parents have been married for 47 years. I know this because my aunt called them to sing happy anniversary to them and called me by accident.
So my victory is that I got sung to.

6 Likes

My son is excited to go back to school tomorrow after summer vacation.

2 Likes