Tiny Victories

I’m in the waiting room of a massage place, ready for a stretch session. I’m pretty excited about this.

1 Like

I got a rebate check for $125 from my state health insurance. I don’t know why. I am accepting it.

4 Likes

I have 3 more degrees of flexion in my ankle than I did three weeks ago. Halfway to normal flexion! :muscle::muscle::muscle:

5 Likes

I made myself a lunch containing protein, carbs + veg (my 3 main food groups) at an appropriate time of day! AND THEN ATE IT.

8 Likes

I have made a plan to have fun every day until school starts.

6 Likes

Benadryl is a miracle sleep inducer which even enables going back to sleep after cat stomping/ dog whining.

For reference: Tiny Complaints

1 Like

Current situation:

12 Likes

I got an email yesterday from my health insurance telling me I’m going to be getting a rebate check shortly. Insurance providers are only allowed to charge X% over the amount they pay out in claims. So if they didn’t pay enough claims last year, they have to refund a portion of premiums to their customers.

2 Likes

I’m getting $8.47 as a credit against my October premium. Hey, it’s better than nothing I guess.

4 Likes

I woke up with horribly painful hands and feet and there was a crisis at the airbnb so I ended up cleaning it. (This is no longer my job, normally)

BUT

This afternoon I’m taking my kids to a pool with salt water instead of chlorine, waterslides, and a HOT TUB. I will feel better soon.

Plus my friend brought soup over so dinner is sorted.

8 Likes

HOT TUUUUUB

And soup. Mmmm.

1 Like

Kid-4 is home. I missed her.

4 Likes

7 Likes

I napped. The puppy let me. Then, she asked to go out BEFORE I had made oatmeal, which is a miracle because she seems to have some sort of oatmeal radar in which I end up abandoning it in the microwave and come back to cold, gummy oats after she takes her time sniffing about. When we were out, I didn’t have to walk by any smokers. (Two of the most Frequent Offenders might have moved from my building! If they have, this could make for a substantial improvement to my life).

7 Likes

I took kids to the pool. I zoned out in the hot tub while they swam. It was good. Then as I got home my friend needed help picking her kid up. That friend is now making dinner for us, using our elderly leftovers with some new ingredients. Everyone wins!

7 Likes

I went to the ex. I love the ex. And now I’m home

1 Like

I feel motivated today!

5 Likes

I wanted to sleep in but I got up and went for a walk instead. It was really nice.

4 Likes

I closed the windows and slept with wool socks on (in August!) And woke up not in terrible pain.

8 Likes

I needed to make a return today but didn’t remember where the receipt might be. Before I started looking through the house for the receipt, I changed out trash in one room and saw that my past-self had stashed a plastic bag there for my future-self. The receipt was in that bag. Woo!

3 Likes