Tiny Complaints

It’s a holiday here and people are setting off firework displays in parks but we’ve also had so much high-rise construction that I can now no longer see the fireworks from my apartment. :-1:

3 Likes

There is a POOPLOAD of snow in my backyard look at this nonsense ITS MAY IN THE NORTHERN HEMISPHERE STAAAAAHP

10 Likes

The ravioli I bought for lunch is undercooked.

4 Likes

This is not a tiny complaint. Not at all. This is a valid, wtf complaint.

3 Likes

Jet lag is mean.

4 Likes

A client texted me last night because she locked herself out of the house (I have a key).
I only live six blocks away. But I was in bed (8pm, she was just getting home).
I tried hard to ignore it because… BOUNDARIES.
But then I laid there and thought about how she’s a single mom who lives alone (with partial custody of her kids), she has a joint disorder, who had to work until freaking 8pm and the dog is locked inside the house.
I showed up 15 minutes later in full pajamas with my key (which didn’t get her in, but hey I tried).

It absolutely felt like the right thing to do, and I like doing the right thing, but I also like going to bed at 8. No wait, I love going to bed at 8. Couldn’t fall asleep properly once I got home. :zzz:

10 Likes

You could have her/ whoever come to you if something like it happens again- might be less disruptive to your sleep if you only have to go to the door and hand over a key.

1 Like

I was up until 2 because of pain then at 4 the dog vomited then at 5 the smaller kid wanted attention. I am so tired, and I can’t go back to bed for a few hours because foster kid is here.

7 Likes

NAPS FOR ALL.
NAPS NAPS NAPS (chants)

• Thanks to jet lag ™ I have been up and awake since 4AM.
5 Likes

I skipped a bunch of comments in the Tiny Victories thread due to not checking the forum all weekend, and the forum search is failing me so I can’t find the origin of “Tony Victor.”

5 Likes

Here.

Just a typo, then everyone else ran with it gleefully.

1 Like

Thank you, this is delightful. (I love that one of the Australians immediately Australianizes it into “Tonno.”)

4 Likes

I had to my civic duty after a certain Canadian formalised it.

4 Likes

As is my right and my privilege, ma’am.

3 Likes

GUYS IT GOT WORSE

A part of me very much says “fuck it we’re moving to Florida”.

Another part says “we’re adding a sunroom and a green house to our house after we pay off all our debts.”

A third part is just crying.

12 Likes

Damn. We need a “hate” button in addition to the love one just for snow in May. Not okay.

4 Likes

Holy shitttttt.

2 Likes

I know right? My poor outdoor plants… :sob::cold_face::seedling::coffin:

2 Likes

Ugh. I love CO from June-October, and then some parts of Winter…you know, the normal parts like January/February when you expect snow to be on the ground. But I HATE Spring. I’m never wearing the correct clothing, I’m either too hot or too cold, and then oh crap, it snowed again? Too bad I just got the snow tires taken off my car because it was May 15th and I figured it was actually not Winter anymore :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

OMG, Greyweld, I would consider that a HUGE complaint. I would be apoplectic. I’m crabby enough that it’s 48 and raining here in late MAY, FFS. If I saw snow today I think I would finally pull the trigger and flee for California, job or no job.

4 Likes