Tiny Victories

I’m being a social human tonight, beginning at 8!!! That’s my bedtime.
I’m already exhausted at the prospect, but I am doing it!

4 Likes

@noitsbecky and @flan thank you! It is a berry chantilly cake. It’s my absolute favorite bakery cake, but this was my first time making it at home! It’s a vanilla cake, 2 layers, and then you slice the layers in half to make 4 layers. Each layer is soaked in berry syrup, and then topped with blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, and then a layer of Chantilly cream (which is mascarpone cheese, whipping cream and powdered sugar). It’s basically equal parts cake to berries and cream which is my ideal proportion…haha! I should have taken a picture of the inside, but it got eaten too fast!

I followed this recipe loosely https://www.asuechef.com/copycat-whole-foods-chantilly-cake-2-0/

4 Likes

I’m continuing to do things! I saw a friend and had a lovely hang out. I went and picked up free little plant pots from Buy Nothing so I can gift spider plant pups in cute containers. I dropped off dry cleaning! So our dog-vomited-upon comforter will be back in commission soon. Went to the grocery store, too. All in all, very productive day!

7 Likes

I needed a new bra, and waited long enough that I got a $25 off coupon for the store (Madewell), and was able to get a $34 bra for $9!

7 Likes

Talked Spouse into canceling a rental car, I will drive him and pick him up after. He should have talked to me first before reserving the car.

6 Likes

Tony victor: I relaxed today!

8 Likes

I’m not editing that typo. TONY VICTOR

9 Likes

Hold me closer, Tony Viiictor.

9 Likes

My Tony Victor today was walking around 4-5 miles!

Did anyone else read Tony Victor and immediately think luxe winner?

5 Likes

I lol’d actually out loud when you just casually used Tony Victor.

4 Likes

Additional Tony Victor:
I pulled the blindfold off on my grocery spending at the beginning of the month, and it turns out if I actually pay attention I can stay under budget.

3 Likes

My Anthony Victor: Less pain, and a bra I got for cheap on ebay arrived and fits.

8 Likes

Look at you, being all formal.

2 Likes

As Her Majesty’s subject it is my duty to adhere to the rules of decorum, y’all.

4 Likes

My Tonno for today: started and nearly finished a new bag to go under our pram to replace the existing, falling apart one.

7 Likes

Today’s Tonys:

• Had lovely party with lovely family!
  • The cupcakes I made turned out well.
  • My baby is cute.
9 Likes

Husband and I have been trying to reduce our restaurant spending. But yesterday we had friends in town. First, the guys all went to get beers at a fairly expensive (but amazing) brewery we have nearby. Husband only had 1, then when they went to a new place had a half size sampler. The guys he was with each had a flight and 2 pints apiece, so he got off much cheaper (and less hungover…) When they all got back, they were hungry. We hadn’t planned for hosting dinner, and one of the fellows is a BIG eater (no judgement, my husband is too). So didn’t have food on hand for them. We all went to a mexican place nearby. Rather than getting an entree apiece ($13-18/each), husband and I each had 2 a la cart tacos for a total of $12 for the two of us and stuck to water. When everyone headed out, we filled in the gaps with a big smoothie and some cottage cheese.

Anyway, so that was the victory: a day that easily could have been MUCH more expensive, we got off fairly easily.

10 Likes

Three people that I’ve met in the past week hearted one of my Facebook posts. Friendship officially validated by social media!

8 Likes

I walked 9 miles today!!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

(And I got more than 3 exclamation points on there, mwahahaha. Thank you lord Tony Victor.)

10 Likes

Dear Mr. Victor

Thank you for making sure that I had the good sense to ensure 1/3 of my clothes are the same colour as calamine lotion.

11 Likes