Tiny Complaints

At work once they had a cultural sharing lunch thing. I brought a tuna salad sandwich, cut into individual bite pieces.

The culture with hegemonic dominance is invisible and ubiquitous. Write that on your form.

4 Likes

Complaint: Bigger kid was leaning across me to get something, lost his balance, and landed with his full weight directly on where my uterus used to be. I screamed. Then cried. It’s been two hours and I have been icing like crazy but there is a lot of swelling. I think that just swelling is ok and I don’t need to rush to the hospital or anything, but this hurts a lot and sucks so bad.

Surgery recovery isn’t my favourite.

7 Likes

The wench kicked me out of bed, and dropped me off at the airport. She’s going to AK, and I’m going to shoot pirates. I have no idea when I’m going to see her again.

8 Likes

First Daisy then BK? Ouch. :cry:

I would bring either a bunch of white rice or buttered noodles.

Or if I was feeling really petty (and had extra proper lunch hidden away somewhere) a bunch of fast food french fries, which would probably be cold by the time people started serving. Starch, salt, fat, processed, bland. 'Murca!

1 Like

Colorado has decided that it will be winter forever. It’s forecasted to snow AGAIN tomorrow. It snowed two days ago, and has been cold, windy, cloudy and rainy in between. I know we need it, I know it’s better than fires, and drought. But I’m cold, and sad.

2 Likes

Yeah. The weather and my mood are similar to each other and I hate them both.

2 Likes

At the doctor I don’t like just to get a refill of my stupid vitamin D scrip.

3 Likes

I wore tights to keep my thighs from rubbing together but they just keep riding down when I go for a walk, so my thighs are rubbing together ANYWAY and I have to go into the bathroom and pull up my tights after every walk. But I don’t want to take them off because it’s still cold out and they are warm.

5 Likes

Bf and I often bring a pound bag of peapods (dip/dressing or hummus if we feel like it). Everyone wants more healthy food, and it’s more unusual/exciting than baby carrots. Doesn’t have the, uhm…peripheral benefits of the pineapple though.

3 Likes

I would prefer not to have peapods in my butt, if possible.

2 Likes

I stayed up far, far too late because I was reading a book and didn’t want to stop. So now I’m tired and yawning at work. But at least I can blame @AllHat for it, since it was a book she recommended.

4 Likes

I forgot about galliver’s comment and thought your comment was somehow related to the comment about split peas in oatmeal (or whatever it was that they had snuck into).

5 Likes

Pease porridge hot
Pease porridge cold
Pease porridge in the pot
Nine days old

3 Likes

I was in a hurry to get to work today for a really stupid early meeting. I grabbed an old pair of tights. They are very baggy at the knees and too tight in the waist and stomach. And they were the ones with the missing foot (cut off due to the toes completely wearing through). So I had to put on socks too, so as not to get blisters from bare foot in boots, and now my feet are too hot.

I’m one of those weirdoes who generally does not mind tights but this is just too many kinds of discomfort all at once.

4 Likes

We used to do a huge international potluck at work. A Canadian friend brought cubed velveeta and spam and stuck a little American flag on the platter. Bitch.

autocorrect changed Velveeta to velvets - not even close.

4 Likes

It snowed at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon yesterday, might snow again today. Snow almost all the way from Grand Canyon to Flagstaff - the trees were very pretty, all coated with snow. But no snow plows were out, so it was a very slow drive.

1 Like

Please come to the next BBQ at my house. We always want more pineapple to grill.

My tiny complaint is that it’s been rainy for the past few days and so we are not grilling today. I would like to grill.

1 Like

Smol child woke me with a yell.
Smol child fell back asleep.

Now waiting in insomnia limbo for own sleep or need of child. Someone plz push his goddamn teeth through because the updownuodownuodown molars are taking their time about this.

5 Likes

I was up all night vomiting, and I’m not even pregnant. Just sick.

Tights: buying properly sized, comfy tights is a whole different experience from wearing ones that work their way down. In the meantime you can wear a second pair of underwear over the top of the tights to keep them up.

6 Likes