Continuing the tradition of the past 2 years, we have an end of the year challenge.
Get it Done December and will run from December 1 to December 31.
The goal for Get it Done December is to clear out those lingering tasks that you thought you would get done in 2021. You must declare them and try to get them done before the end of the year.
You can also choose to “extinguish” the task and guilt-free ditch any resolutions or goals that simply couldn’t or didn’t happen this year. Let them go!
Examples of Get it Done December tasks:
- Call up a friend that you haven’t checked in with much this year
- Cancel recurring subscriptions that you don’t use
- Finish your 2021 Bingo Goals
- Finally get a “hit by a bus” folder together (find a checklist in A Cat’s Guide to Money )
- Calling up your phone or cable company and negotiating a new rate
- Finally set up an IRA and autodeposit
- Call your credit card company and move to a no-fee card
- Organize and categorize your stash of yarn or fabric before you rebuy things you don’t need
- Eat down your pantry
- Listing or donating clothes or electronics you’re ready to pass on
- Set up or clear out monthly donations, or maybe even join the OMD Purrsonal Finance Society (cheeky plug there)
- Be creative!
It will have a special forum badge and even a STICKER for people that complete the whole month, that will be cat themed.
- You must establish your own rules about what you are trying to accomplish as your Dumpster Fire December task(s) this month. State them in the first week of the month to get us kicked off.
- Each weekend (starting December 4th) YOUR Local Time, you will report how you did on your challenge for the week on this thread . You can report on where you’re at, and what your biggest challenge and victories of the week were.
Who This Challenge is For
- Anyone who wants a little public accountability and discussion about their goals on a weekly basis.
What do you get out of participating?
- Deep Satisfaction of working on those tasks that hang over your head and not bringing them into a new year
- A community to support you as you get sh*t done
- A CUTE forum badge for participating in the weekly check-ins
- And if you do all 4 week check-ins, you get a STICKER mailed to you. I have only printed these for this challenge.