Finishing 2021 Goals

I made lists on what I need to do and buy. Tinselmas party invite list is made and Duckling will help me make them tomorrow, he’s keen to send an email and pick a picture for it.

4 Likes

I really love the Cairo books - they’re so fun. I definitely went through a bunch of them over the summer.

1 Like

I’ve gone through the first 3 now and have the fourth on hold!

1 Like

This week was kind of treading water, not horrible, but not great.

1. I walked 4 days (had fever two others from my Covid booster)
  2. Got my new PT exercises Friday, but haven’t done them yet. Need to get on this.
  3. No progress
  4. I journaled 4 days, I think, but didn’t do as well at turning off screens.

This week I’m hoping to be a bit more focused. A crisis with a friend took a lot of energy this week and I just couldn’t get consistency for my own stuff. Secondary stress and anxiety are horrible. But she’s safely getting care now, so hopefully this week will be better.

5 Likes

Was there a different chain started for this challenge or should we post on this one?

Update:
12 witchy nonfiction books - 2 books needed; reading Psychic Witch. I have an ILL hold that came in that may mess with my plans to read 3 other paper books by the end of the year—we’ll see how long it is when I get it :grimacing:
12 books by BIPOC authors - 1 book needed. I will read Wayward Witch.
Do not buy any clothes made of plastic and reach 3rd castle in Finnish are ongoing (though I doubt I will manage the latter). Pull a tarot card per month is also ongoing and will be completed.
Finish 3 knitting WIPs - No progress.
Hang quilt - No progress.

1 Like

I’m doing pretty well, I think. I walked 5 days this past week and did PT twice a day (after walking and before bed). It helps that I have very few PT exercises right now. I journaled 5 evenings and it really helps settle my thoughts before going to bed. I didn’t work on cleaning the basement, so no progress there.

4 Likes
  • Read 16 books (41/52 books read)
    • Dang, I may actually do the thing. 10-11 books in December is… not unheard of for me.
  • Make 10 of those books ones I already owned (8/15 read)
    • Rilke is good, how did I wait this long to read him?
  • Spin at least once
    • Yeah no
  • Knit two more charity hats from stash
    • Yeah no
  • Get art on the walls
    • Yeah no
  • Finish the pink afghan
    • More progress was made! I think it will be at halfway point in the next week.

Habits:

• Re-start SoP practice/general AODA practice (3x/week)
    • Really bad at this
  • Re-commit to PT/stretching (3x/week)
    • Doing pretty well at this
  • Do full ridiculous tooth routine (every morning)
    • Have done this every day! Go me! This is huge.
  • Get back into regular language practice (3x/week)
    • Yeah no
6 Likes

I have asked here and on the book, and received 6 recommendations for people to talk with. So I should do that on Friday.

3 Likes

I’m late to the party, as per usual. :slightly_smiling_face:

1. My main goal is to finish rug hooking the series I’m working on and get hanging sleeves on the backs of the rugs.
  2. After that, we’re having new wills drawn up before Christmas.
  3. The heat pumps and air exchanger need to be serviced.
  4. I need to clean up and declutter before the house decorating get together next week.
  5. There’s a cookie exchange happening mid-December some time.
  6. I’d like Hubby to finish sanding and painting the front entry before the decorating party (probably isn’t going to happen), which means…
  7. Buying a ladder tall enough to reach the ceiling OR hiring someone else to do the job (my preference).
  8. Have someone clean the carpet on the stairs.

Not much there! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I dunno, anything involving hiring people sounds like a lot to me!

Tell me more about your rug hooking. I had a kit as a very little kid that I really really loved.

It is a lot of work, but a lot less worry. Hubby is closing in on 70 years old and I just don’t feel comfortable with him painting over carpeted stairs in a split entryway. The carpet would be soft to fall on, but…. Also, he’s not careful enough to keep paint off the carpet.

I sent you a PM about my rug hooking. I do traditional rug hooking where you pull up continuous loops for fabric (usually wool) from underneath your work, using a crochet hook end in a fat wooden handle. I sell work on IG, FB and my own website, as well as in person.

5 Likes

Update:
12 witchy nonfiction books - 2 books needed; reading Psychic Witch. Good news! My library got in Scott Cunningham’s Living Wicca in ebook–I get through ebooks faster than print books, so I’m reading that now, and I’m now confident I’ll be able to complete this goal.
12 books by BIPOC authors - 1 book needed. I will read Wayward Witch.
Do not buy any clothes made of plastic and reach 3rd castle in Finnish are ongoing (though I doubt I will manage the latter). Pull a tarot card per month is also ongoing and will be completed.
Finish 3 knitting WIPs - I finished sewing the buttons onto the baby cardigan! Just 1/3 WIPs to go!
Hang quilt - No progress.

1 Like

Apparently I’m Finishing Projects. I have 4/8 linen napkins completed, project started months ago. Next up is some outdoor curtains for the gazebo. The goal is to clear whatever projects have the least work left to be completed, and clear space ASAP. At New year’s or thereabouts, some projects and such may find themselves passed on.

11 Likes

Good job!

If you want a sticker you can also participate in this official challenge that begins December 1st!

5 Likes

I love challenge stickers! Yes.

1 Like

So we’ve been busy! These are the goals in progress or completed.

:white_check_mark: 1. My main goal is to finish rug hooking the series I’m working on and get hanging sleeves on the backs of the rugs. [I have labels to print and sew on, and then I’m done!]
:white_check_mark: 2. After that, we’re having new wills drawn up before Christmas. [We saw a lawyer and she’s drawing them up now. We see her mid-December to sign and pay.]
:white_check_mark: 3. The heat pumps and air exchanger need to be serviced.
:white_check_mark: 4. I need to clean up and declutter before the house decorating get together next week. [I have a pile of stuff by the top of the stairs to go downstairs. I’ll have Hubby vacuum before everyone comes. My back can’t do that.]
:arrow_forward: 5. There’s a cookie exchange happening mid-December some time. [I’m baking now and freezing them.]
:white_check_mark: 6. I’d like Hubby to finish sanding and painting the front entry before the decorating party (probably isn’t going to happen), which means…[he is DONE! I am doing the happy dance! :heart: ]
:white_check_mark: 7. Buying a ladder tall enough to reach the ceiling OR hiring someone else to do the job (my preference). [He spent $300 on a super duper ladder with a wide base that folds into all sorts of configurations. He felt safer on it. I kept an eye on him.]
8. Have someone clean the carpet on the stairs. [Not happening yet.]

7 Likes

Nice work!

2 Likes

Mine are mostly getting ready for summer, and sewing.

• Finish setting up a play space for baby in the backyard
  • Sew outdoor curtain for study window
  • Finish gazebo curtains
  • Fix a Christmas stocking
  • Sew a Christmas stocking for the baby
6 Likes