Challenge: Put out the Dumpster Fire December 🧯🔥🗓

My curtains are done (even though my sister did the vast majority of the work). I declare myself done.

7 Likes

The large shredding bag went to recycling.
Donation/dump run - we went into lockdown and I was unable to complete (I did drop off 1 of 3 stops)
I did not sort ticket stubs for drop off (lockdown). Can be done in the new year when things get ready to open up again.

But I did start and complete other projects around the house.

6 Likes

Week 4 check in
Credit card: called, not a goal anymore
craft room: put in 4 hours of cleaning. It looks better now. That averages 1 a week.
cans: done
Donation box: finally done

So I think I met the goals.

9 Likes

As near as I can tell the IRA conversion went through. I’m 2/2 on stated goals and probably 0/4 on timely reporting, but whatever.

6 Likes

Success!!!

8 Likes
  • Close business checking - complete
  • Set up automatic transfer to Ally online savings - complete
  • Finish baby proofing - move under the sink chemicals, put locks on kitchen cabinets, finish the baby’s room - All we have left are the cords in kitchen/baby’s room and cabinet locks and these are not getting done today.
  • Put away the larger size baby clothes - done 12/24
  • Clean out garage from the last (and final!) trip from storage - complete 12/29
  • Sell extra fridge - complete 12/31
  • Actually put up Christmas tree & decorations - complete 12/19

Plus we actually did a ton of stuff that wasn’t on this original list while I’ve been off this week.

4 Likes

Making it just under the wire. The main floor (about 500 sq. ft.) is the cleanest it’s been in months. Yay!! I have a functional, clean table and dust-free shelves. I admit that the half bath got a quick superficial clean, but I’m counting it!!

I’m still struggling with getting back into PT, but I’ve done my stretches the last three days before bed and today I did some yoga.

I’ll call it 3/4 goals accomplished. Happy New Year!

5 Likes

Okay, I’ve accomplished everything except finding a home for the games! I count it as a major win.

7 Likes

I did not really end up doing work on my hit by a bus folder. I am not going to do this in the next few hours. So I didn’t complete the challenge, but I’m happy I got the things done that I did!

8 Likes

everything except for the benefits stuff, which was thwarted by the work VPN. The sweater seaming took hours and hours. I’m concerned that maybe it is a tad short and tight on the sleeves. I’ll try blocking it tomorrow and trying it on with appropriate garments before making any decisions.

8 Likes

Final final update:
-Scarf knitting: still done. Scarf has not gained sentience and demanded more effort
-Use up 3 lotions: I still have 2 left, but they are both ALMOST empty. SO CLOSE
-Read 7 books: at 8/7. Finished strong with a 200-ish page academic book, woot

8 Likes

I didn’t finish either my floor or my resume. :woman_shrugging: :slight_smile:
But I made fantastic progress!

10 Likes

So real!

1 Like

I finished my floor. Can I get partial credit for late work?

20 Likes

Yay, floor!

3 Likes

I didn’t complete a whole lot but my aim was to at least start and I think I at least got the ball rolling, plus we had nearly two weeks of gastro and recovery in the household so I’m ok with the progress. Success.

10 Likes

Well, nothing in the money list got done except adjusting my goals and spending-- I did get rid of the spider sanctuary! The piles of donation stuff should go out tomorrow. The work computer is mostly set up, and should be a lot easier on my neck

I saw my friends faces and got the secret santa out on time! The workout routine and cousin gifts will have to wait for this coming week though

9 Likes

flunked out, did not complete my ONE task.

8 Likes

It’s okay as long as you survived 2020.

10 Likes

2021 edition!!

2 Likes