2021 BINGO Will run through all of 2021.
The theme of 2021 BINGO is to fill out a bingo card filled with goals you write yourself.
When a row, column, or diagonal is completed, “shout” (type expressively) BINGO, and if you want, claim a prize by @-ing the person providing it. Available prizes in the linked post below.
Cheerleaders are also welcome to post fun GIFs when people hit bingo (just please put anything flashy behind a spoiler tag please).
Making Your Card
Keep in mind a standard bingo card:
Which typically has 25 spaces, with one of those being a free space.
Create a BINGO card with up to 24 goals. Or 25, because some people like to live life on the edge without a free space, or like square numbers… You do you. I’m not the boss of you.
You can do this in whatever way best suits you! On a sheet of paper with stickers for completed tasks, in your bullet journal, in a spreadsheet (which is then easily copied and pasted to the forums, and can be “stamped” with emojis for accomplished goals), in a digital image where you draw something fun over a completed space, whatever you prefer!
Some options to think about for your card:
- If you have less than 24 goals, you can have the extras as extra free spaces, duplicates of tasks, or blanks to be filled in later. Please try not to put more than one free space in a row, column or diagonal unless necessary.
- There are tools online where you can fill in a bingo card and have it randomize for you. I’ve been looking at this one, which allows you to randomize just column-by-column if you want. So you can have a column be a category of goals.
- One card per person.
- You may claim a prize for each BINGO.
- However, please refrain from claiming second, third, etc. limited-quantity prize until December starts, to make sure everyone gets a good chance at those “limited edition” items You may delay your BINGO prize claims until you are allowed to claim more of the limited prizes.
- Goals must be completed after January 1st 2021, before January 1st 2022, and after you set the goal, in order to qualify for a “BINGO”.
- You can change your goals as much as you want before 2021 starts.
- You may replace any number goals that haven’t yet been completed with other goals ONCE.
- If something happens outside of your control that makes it impossible to complete a goal, change it. No hard feelings. Just don’t run a marathon with a broken foot because of this challenge, okay? This was like… real important in 2020. We gave everyone the option of a full do-over.
- You can join at any time during the year.
- When you have finished a row/column/diagonal and want to share your victory, make a post that clearly says “BINGO” in the text. Check the prizes post and @ diapasoun and the provider to claim your prize.
- Constructive discussion about how to accomplish goals is welcome, but please respect it if someone says a goal is not up for critique on its difficulty or usefulness. Keep in mind the shame-free zone.
- The only hard rule for what your goals should be is that it shouldn’t hurt others. Do as you will if it harm none.
- Goals don’t all have to be huge. Be kind to yourself. Have fun. Put “pick my nose” and “pet the cat” in there with “birth a baby” and “buy a house” if you want.
- Consider that some goals like “don’t do x all year” or “do x every week for the whole year” can’t be officially finished until the end of the year. These aren’t prohibited, just keep in mind it could make getting BINGO before Dec. 31st harder.