2021 BINGO - A choose-your-own-goals challenge

7 Likes

I need to figure out these “just once” goals. All my goals are habits. Halp.

3 Likes

Are there things that the habits could culminate in?

I have a lot of those. I’m setting goals for how long to do them to consider them habits (1 month, 6 consecutive weeks, etc.).

3 Likes

Mostly I’m just more interested in things that require me to dig in. :rofl: Habits/processes and one-offs that require significant work (like finishing large afghans, which is kinda a process) are the kind of things I zero in on. They’re difficult, they’re not guaranteed, I feel real pride in accomplishing them. Little things, like baking eclairs or something, I just don’t even think about them as goals – more like whims. It seems like it would be valuable, though, to think of them as more than whims.

3 Likes

For me what I like about Bingo is I don’t feel bad about some “easy” goals because they aren’t the only ones needed for a bingo, but I don’t feel to overwhelmed by the more drawn out ones because I know I don’t have to accomplish everything in order to declare victory.

Also some little things I find intimidating enough that they feel like big things and I need the push.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m trying to find a middle ground between easy, quick things and longer term goals while still having the small things be challenging enough. I need the quick dopamine bursts of the easy ones to sustain me :rofl:

6 Likes

Haha cross-posted. Basically what Greyweld just said!

2 Likes

I think I don’t need the dopamine hit, which is weird because I definitely used to. All the same, it’d be nice to finish a bingo before the last 2 weeks of December.

3 Likes

I may already have to change one of my squares. If Greyman quits work entirely in the next month, it’s unlikely we’ll get to 100k in taxable investments by the end of the year, though we might the year after.

But I don’t know yet.

1 Like

I finally have a full draft 2021 bingo. Now to sit on it and think about what’s realistic, what isn’t, and what I want to change just because.

2 Likes

I really want to do this again but am finding it so difficult to see a future different than how life is like now.

I’ve kept a few goals from 2020 bingo I didn’t finish, added “Get COVID vaccination”, and hit a wall.

5 Likes

Ok, here is my first go at my 2021 card! I used a thing that randomized the distribution. I might change this before the end of the month, but I feel like it’s a good start. Several fitness goals carried over from last year :laughing:

8 Likes

I feel like these are all eminently doable but are all also at least a little bit of a stretch. We’ll see how it goes. Also, I’ve gotten nothing done at work today except this - ooops.

8 Likes

YISSS

1 Like

Ooooh I looove listen to 300 new bands.

2 Likes

Lol it me.

1 Like

Slightly revised and probably final BINGO card for me!

7 Likes

Made some edits because we’re not getting to 100k invested on our new income, and besties mom is gonna throw the baby shower because if I do it I will have a mental breakdown :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

I AM VERY EXCITED FOR THIS

1 Like