21 in 2021 Challenge: $21 Per Week/Month

2021 is finally here. We can only hope it is better than 2020, right?

We are growing the 20 in 2020 challenge for 2021…slightly… by $1. I’m continuing this brilliant challenge thought up by @Elle last year for 2021.

Save $21 per week or $21 per month (whichever makes the most sense to you.)

If saving $21 per week or per month is easy for you, please check out one of the other challenges ALL get the same sticker, but the threads will have people at similar income/challenge levels.

If you are able to attempt the harder challenges you may not join this challenge! But if you push yourself to try the 21% and life happens and you drop out of a bigger challenge I will welcome you with a big hug (credit to @Elle for that paragraph).

Basic rules:

• The goal is to save $21 per week or month!
  • You can have a makeup month if you need it because life is hard.
  • If your income is not in USD, you can choose to save $21 in your currency (i.e. $26.98 USD for Canadians or $27.59 USD for Aussies) OR save the equivalent to $21 USD (i.e. currently $16.35 CAD or $15.99 AUD). Just state the path you’re choosing!
  • You can combine any type of savings: emergency fund, investing, debt repayment - to reach your goal.
  • You can choose household or individual savings, whichever you prefer.

Here’s all the 21 in 2021 Challenges:

What do you get:

• Support on this thread as you go along - post weekly, monthly or quarterly check-ins as appropriate
  • A forum badge when you are halfway for the year
  • A forum badge when you complete your goal for the year
  • A sticker mailed to you for participating towards your goal for the year
  • A shoutout on the podcast for reaching your goal

Please Tag @anomalily when you hit any goals so we can get you your badge!

:rotating_light:When you hit your goal, fill in this form and you will have your glorious sticker mailed**

8 Likes

I can do this one. I’m in.

3 Likes

Fixed, thanks!

1 Like

So if we do Bingo, we don’t do this one right?

3 Likes

Bingo can be done with any of the “21 in 2021” budget challenges!

4 Likes

I’m in for US $21 each week. I think I will put it into my 403b.

2 Likes

I can do $21… A month :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I have a $25/week autodeposit to my efund, so my goal is to keep that in place!

5 Likes

Starting late, so I’ll catch up next payday with a larger deposit! Do I need to do anything else to join?

2 Likes

Nope!

1 Like

Dropping in to say:

Please Tag @anomalily when you hit any goals so we can get you your badge!

:rotating_light:When you hit your goal, fill in this form and you will have your glorious sticker mailed**

1 Like

If you’re up for 2022, here is the link to this challenge for 2022!

22 in 2022 Challenge: Save $22 Per Week/Month