Your Very Own Personal Shopper

Oh yeah, I was in Texas in the summer and I didn’t have to worry about keeping warm!

Get a futon? Ours is really comfortable and I’d happily sleep on it.

I guess this whole convo has helped to elucidate that I want a 70-80" sectional with a lounge piece to make an “L”, and no length can be > 80 absolute max. Who me? Picky?

IKEA has a sectional that looks promising (and there is an IKEA that is about an hour away I could check out in person), except it is new and the lounge piece I would need is OUT OF STOCK and not available for delivery or in store, anywhere. :frowning:

Do you know any good futon brands? I don’t know if I want that look, but maybe I have limited options.

1 Like

I don’t know specific futon brands, but we got ours from a futon store and got to sit on it. It’s now 15 years old and still super comfy, and I haven’t found a couch I’d rather have to replace it.

Here’s one that’s local to us and the full would fit your room! If you like what you see you could see if the same one is available closer to you.

https://rocksoftfuton.com/dillon

1 Like

What about a daybed?

2 Likes

Hmmmm it ( a futon couch) really is comfy?

I guess, technically that’s what I have now, which I do not hate the style of! And the example you sent also isn’t like… metal frame futon (which was stuck in my brain). It folds flat from the back. BUT it isn’t actually a futon mattress, it’s two separate cushion pieces attached at the fold.

1 Like

Aren’t they usually pretty deep? I kind of need normal couch depth, or it will overwhelm the space. :frowning:

ETA: My current couch is 31" deep. The lovesac loveseats (which won’t work but nevermind) are 37". The futon example is 40" which I think is ok. Anything over that would be too much I am pretty sure because of the short walls.

1 Like

Oh, a fancy futon is a different beast from a cheap college futon! Ours is cotton with a foam core, probably 6" compared to 4" cheap ones (it’s heavy, so I don’t wash the cover as much as I should because I don’t want to wrangle it), but it’s so comfy and the wood frame is attractive and has nice lines. I actually prefer to lie on it with the back up in couch configuration because I can roll against the plushy back and it feels so nice.

Also, you can choose so many covers! A comfy fabric will make all the difference too.

1 Like

:+1::+1::+1: excellent info :grin:

1 Like

Have you looked on Wayfair? I find them excellent for being able to narrow my search down by measurements and then I look for that specific piece to see if I can find it elsewhere.

3 Likes

Here’s some pics of ours, if that helps. It’s a full and only 78" wide! It’s 34" deep because of the incline of the back, but the bottom panel is 31" deep. As long as the bottom panel can get around the corner to enter your room, I think it would be fine. You do have to pull it out from the wall to lie flat.

2 Likes

I hadn’t, because I was under the impression their stuff wasn’t very high quality? Is that not true? I don’t want to have to do this every 5 years. :upside_down_face:

It is very annoying that some sites don’t let you search by dimensions - like, that is one of the most important differentiators for me. :woman_facepalming: At least IKEA is good about it…

1 Like

I like yours a lot!

1 Like

Wayfair has a big range of quality! I’m really happy with some of the stuff I’ve gotten from them (side tables and book shelves, mostly). Pay attention to the materials (solid wood vs particleboard) like you would with Ikea. The fact that they list dimensions is a big plus.

3 Likes

This has been my experience too. Their reviews are also way more usable than say, Amazon’s, so you can get a good sense of quality from reviews.

5 Likes

It’s super variable. I’ve been very happy with the stuff I’ve gotten from there in the past, but there’s also stuff that I see and kinda cringe over the quality.
Reviews tend to be good. And make sure you then do a reverse image search of whatever you like because so many stores carry these items and there can be a huge range in price. I saved over $100 on my patio table by sourcing it on home depot’s website after originally finding it on Wayfair.

5 Likes

I started looking at Wayfair and quickly became overwhelmed.

But I think this might be the mate to the chair in my living room? Even though they don’t have just the chair…

1 Like

Does anyone have Strong Opinions on label makers? I like the look and physicality of an embossing label maker, but I figured this forum would have the inside scoop :eyes:

1 Like

I have one. It is useful and fine. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend this one in particular but I wouldn’t dissuade against it.

I guess I am disqualified for “strong” opinions

1 Like

Wayfair is a market where many companies can sell their stuff, so the quality is all over the place. But I think it’s a good place to find many options. I got my amazing stained glass panel from there.

1 Like

I like mine and it’s Brother brand (which I like in general). I’ve had mine for maybe 5-8 years and I use it a lot. I think it’s like anything where it’s not going to make you tidy and it’s an item lots of people buy aspirationally and don’t use.

But if you are already super tidy and you want to label stuff and know you’ll really do it, I think it’s a great deal. I use it for all of my spices and most of my pantry dry goods. It took those areas from “pretty neat looking” to “very neat and uniform” looking because it allowed me to buy matching containers, etc.

2 Likes