Your Very Own Personal Shopper

Favorite tops or sweaters for SIL holiday gift? Menopause increased her bust size and made all her tops & jackets unwearable. Her dress-up aesthetic is fancy REI.

4 Likes

Look up ten tree! And if I can figure out how to read the label on the sweatshirt I’m in…Blondie!

These are Canadian, because I am. But also my aesthetic is also fancy outdoorsy and my bust also swelleth

3 Likes

I tried on tentree hoodies yesterday and their sizes are smaller than before, I think. Or they are doing the shorter than usual hoodie thing I hate? Either way their hoodie on my big ole tatas looked like a crop.

2 Likes

ugh we hates it precious

when is the cropped thing going to go away?? I was looking at hoodies yesterday and they all ended at my ribcage :roll_eyes:

@Ferngully Prana has some really nice sweaters in the winter, and they are great quality!

8 Likes

Some of the stuff in my emails is definitely cropped, but I think they also still have regular stuff online. Idk about stores though. Stores are hard.

2 Likes

This one
Looks normal on the website but is shorter than that.

1 Like

Hey now. Us short people had to suffer through years of bullshit tunic-madness. EVERY SHIRT WAS A DRESS.

This is our time. Tosses on a crop top which hits her perfectly at the waist, twirls, leaves room.

13 Likes

Noooooo. It is so cute. Okay, buy the blondie hoodie I am wearing. It is long. And cute. And round

3 Likes

I am okay with crops existing and being labelled and have recently discovered I like them as pyjamas. Like these miss cozy pictures. As in all the reviews, my husband bought them from instagram and now we are all addicted.

But in the cold, I want a full shirt.

4 Likes

Oooo, those are cute and look SO soft!

1 Like

They are SO soft. And generously sized. And thick and good quality. The closest dupe I have found is from uniqlo but their crop is less perfect so I am asking for more for Christmas. The price is insane and I don’t care I deserve to be fluffy and sexy

7 Likes

You’ve always been fluffy and sexy.

Is this where i go to brag about wearing a crop top out shopping today? I am very proud of myself for being ok with my 34 year old tummy roundness being on display. I looked hot!

12 Likes

So… I need to buy vegetarian sugar-free spices, preferably without checking out at 5 different stores. We decided that for sso’s birthday I would get some of the spices that are hard to find at our usual grocery stores. I also want to get paper packets because we don’t have anywhere to store more tins or glass containers, and I think shop is the best I could find without running around to the suburbs to go to all the different grocery stores?

I think this is my shopping list? I want to spend ~$100 I think. We make a lot of roasted veggies, tantan ramen, stir fries, curries, and lentil dishes. We just want to zazz stuff up/make weeknight instant pot dinners more exciting. I also don’t want to buy too much as we’re moving in the next ~9 months. Thoughts? too much? too little?

Is there a better website to get spices from? I was underwhelmed at the local options that don’t involve going into each individual cultural grocery store. Spicewalla looked great for indian spices but not the Middle eastern or Thai or African spices.

3 Likes

I like Spice and Tea Exchange, www.spiceandtea.com…but they’ve also got a shop a half mile from where I work so I’m probably biased :slight_smile:. At least in store they do bags rather than containers for smaller quantities (and even larger quantities if you want it), but plastic if that matters.

Just looked at the site, and apparently they do have a location in Portland (536 Southwest Broadway), but no idea where that is in relation to anything else.

3 Likes

I forgot about that place. It’s literally underneath my old office. I actually need to drop a laptop off at that office soon, maybe I should take an adventure down there. I feel like I’ll over spend if I go in person, based on the pressure of being a small store with a sales associate though :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I want to buy a thing. I want bike short/ boxer style underwear that is also period underwear and I can swim in it and it goes under skirts to eliminate chafe. Knix dream shorts are the closest I’ve seen but I want a little more length in the leg for skirt chafe prevention.
Has anyone seen anything that works?

2 Likes

I’m looking for a ceramic waffle maker. Based on my reading one thing I may need to be careful of is making sure the alloy underneath the ceramic is made of food-grade aluminum or at the very least is lead-free; otherwise if it scratches and exposes the metal, you can get some lead seepage.

However I’m having quite a hard time verifying anything about what is underneath the ceramic surface in any I find.

My friend has one from GreenPan that I think qualifies but those start at almost $200 and I’m not about to spend that much for access to waffles.

@smacky Would something like this work? Anti-Chafing Short & Period Underwear | Moderate-Heavy | Modibodi US

@greyweld If you’re willing to forgo the plug-in part, cast iron stovetop waffle makers are very nontoxic and make the best crispy chewy texture. I am not ambitious enough for this tradeoff, but enjoy every time I am invited to a home with one.

4 Likes

I had never heard of that company. Thanks!

3 Likes

Custom suit recommendations? Or where to get suits for muscly dude bodies? (Short height, narrow waist, board shoulder and arms). I have finally talked husband into a suit that isn’t one I repaired the seam on the ass with bright blue thread in an emergency :sweat_smile::crossed_fingers::grimacing:

5 Likes