Your Very Own Personal Shopper

I have the charge 4 and had the charge 3 before that. I really like how long the battery lasts and that it really isn’t a crazy smart watch. I still can see my texts and things though which is nice.

3 Likes

I like my fitbit. The charger port on my Charge 4 is a very annoying design and it took me a while to learn how to reliably plug it in.

That being said - it’s a reliable heart rate tracker, I really like how it vibrates to let you know when your heart rate enters workout zone (you can turn this off), I like that it’s not smarter than it needs to be. It really has helped me calibrate my workouts to keep from over or under extending myself. Battery life for me is several days.

6 Likes

I have an Inspire 2 and the heart rate tracker is relatively reliable on this, too, especially for trends over time. I don’t know how it is on absolute numbers, but the data is useful to me for sure

1 Like

On the accuracy of Fitbit heart rates. One time husband was very out of it(eg racing heart rate, barely could walk, exhausted, very high fever). His Fitbit was saying his heart rate while just sitting there was around 130. Which I was like there is absolutely no way that’s right. We went to the ER and they put the little heart rate monitor from the hospital on him. The rate in the screen was within 2 beats per minute with the hospital grade one. So I would say they are pretty accurate!

8 Likes

I also have a charge 5 and like it a lot. Every time I’ve tested it the Fitbit’s heart rate has been the same as the pulse ox we have. I also like that I can set it to get meeting reminders but not have full suite of smart watch things. If you’ve got a Costco membership most of them are $30 off right now.

2 Likes

Is thst with the subscription, or all on its own? I’ve been very cranky about what app seems to be paywalled, but hrv would make me consider upgrading after this one dies.

The only downside to my fitbit is that I’ve found they don’t last more than 2-3 years, which ain’t bad, but I get in snits about disposable technology.

I bought my most recent one used, so it was pretty cheap, and ended up needing to replace the screen. Apparently a common issue with the charge 3 is that the screen just fades out. It was a much easier repair thst I thought it would be.

5 Likes

The basic HRV and stuff is accessible free, but you can’t see long term data trends without paying. You get a week at a time for free.

ETA for paid you also get a whole “score” that’s basically a “are you good to train today” score. Husband likes that feature. He got a free 6 month trial of premium though for some reason.

4 Likes

anybody got a good lead on men’s dress shirts? I know what I want (100% cotton, not too sheer, 15" neck, slim fit, spread collar) but I don’t know where to find it.

5 Likes

Mr darling got a bunch of shirts from untuck it and they are 100% cotton and I have no idea bout your other requirements

3 Likes

You might like Calvin Klein for that! They also wash very well.

3 Likes

update: I went with Nordstrom’s house brand, I’m liking that the fabric is pretty soft but not transparent

5 Likes

I currently own 2 forks, 2 spoons, and 2 knives. I would like more! Flatware recs? My criteria:

• Smooth rounded handle
  • Substantial weight
  • Dishwasher safe
  • Spoon that’s more oval than circular

Thanks!

5 Likes

Thrift stores all the way! You can easily get an entire set of high quality flatware for like $10. There are always so many.

2 Likes

Urrgh that was my original plan but now I have to isolate again and can’t go thrifting. I guess I can wait and make do with hand washing until I’m out.

3 Likes

I was amused to see Anthropologie selling flatware with mixed patterns so that it looks like you bought it at the flea market.

I’m so stylish, and yet so cheap!

6 Likes

We have a really great set from Target. They have a nice weight to them and have stood up well for about 7 years now.

This is the set it looks like it’s still made!

3 Likes

Mine are from Target, too, at least 6 years old now and no issues!

3 Likes

My mom got me a ton of fancy flatware from an outlet when I was living in Austin (it was such a good deal that she couldn’t pass it up; I wonder where I got my love of deals). She said “this can be your future wedding present!!” I didn’t even like the design. And I was single. What the hell?!?!?

I still don’t like the design but they’re very high quality and functional and it’s what we’re using to this day :joy:

4 Likes

My kingdom for a printer stand with a lateral filing cabinet drawer that isn’t super modern white plastic or super Lawyer’s Office from 1980.

4 Likes

Thanks @gardeningandgreen and @noodle ! I particularly like the handles on nood’z.

Sounds like we need to go thrifting for silverware together!

4 Likes