Your Very Own Personal Shopper

I have gotten used to the set, it’s very well made! I don’t dislike it enough to replace :joy:

2 Likes

But do you like it enough to keep it for 40 years?

3 Likes

I’m very particular about some a lot of things but having perfect flatware is not one of them :joy:

The bathroom wallpaper, on the other hand…

I told Marmalade I get to sulk for as long as I had been excited about the wallpaper, which is 4-5 days. And I told him that I forgive him for having bad taste.

7 Likes

…maybe?

https://www.wayfair.com/furniture/pdp/mercury-row-pannell-1-drawer-lateral-filing-cabinet-w006763896.html?piid=1828945931

1 Like

We bought a nice wood-look filling cabinet this year and it was an excellent purchase. Check the reviews though, some filling cabinets are poorly made

1 Like

I have an old school metal filing cabinet (2-drawer, vertical) and I like it and all, but my office room is so small that it is also the defacto printer stand and it’s become a paper pile accumulator. I am tired of looking at it. Guessing the quality I’ll find in a piece of furniture that is supposed to be something else other than a filing cabinet might decrease a bit. I’m OK with that if the paper piles can be corralled a bit more!

2 Likes

I am looking for Very Comfortable Pants that look nice to wear while traveling to India. Also, I’m 5’2" and need short pants and I don’t want ones that need to be altered.

I have a feeling that @Meowkins might have a recommendation?

3 Likes

If casual pants are ok I really like Kyodan brand. They also have lots of quick drying fabrics

2 Likes

I see that brand at Sierra! Casual is fine as long as I don’t look like I’m wearing sweatpants :joy:

2 Likes

What’s your price range? I have these and absolutely love them, but I am bougie AF :joy: Sites-MountainHardwear_US-Site

(They also have a non-ankle pant version too)

2 Likes

Haha sorry no recs except everlane!

2 Likes

Hmmmm I have $206 of Mountain Hardwear store credit from when one of Marmalade’s jackets delaminated! Since it’s ankle pants maybe it’ll fit me like full length? And also is it super light weight or has a little heft to the fabric? Airplanes get cold!

3 Likes
2 Likes

It’s pretty lightweight but super temperature versatile- I’ve worn it in 70 degree weather and in 30-40 degree weather :woman_shrugging: Don’t know how but as far as I can tell it’s magic haha

2 Likes

I think I want something a little softer. It looks like technical fabric :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is a soft (not scratchy at all) technical fabric, but fair if that’s not what you’re looking for :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Ahhhhhhh I’m overthinking things. I think maybe we’ll just go to the Athleta store and see if I can find something great in person.

2 Likes

I can confirm Mountain Hardwear works for petites! I’m the same height as you and I even had a MH maxi dress that fit.

2 Likes

Athleta has some really nice joggers that are comfy but don’t look like athleisure

1 Like

Thanks for everyone’s help; pants have been acquired! We had to go to REI to return something and I tried on some pants. I tried on a pair of Prana Halle Straight Pant II in navy that I liked. There are formal looking pockets on the back that make my butt look good :joy: We went to the Prana store and they had them in black, and since I have a Friends & Family discount I got them for 40% off!

@Panda I suspect it’s a similar material to the pants you like. It’s technical fabric but really nice! Materials have really come a long way.

7 Likes