Your Very Own Personal Shopper

Mine does this too. I’m lucky that her box is in the basement on a painted concrete floor but I still have to clean up after her. I tried covered boxes, but it seemed just as bad to clean the lid and around the seams as to clean the floor. For some reason she seems to do better at peeing inside the box if I wipe down the the box with Clorox wipes when I scoop. No pee smell I guess. I should try putting puppy pads there.

3 Likes

Temporary hair colour changing options for a 5 year old with very dark brown hair?

3 Likes

I, a person with medium brown hair, have only had purple work, if no lightening is happening. :slightly_smiling_face:

ETA actually, as I think about it, I never tried green or blue, but my complexion doesn’t support that. Also temporary or semi permanent purple washes out fairly quickly for me.

2 Likes

Clip in hair bits? My kid has rainbow sparkle things to clip into his hair.

4 Likes

Never managed to get dye to take myself (also haven’t tried much after the first suggestion for bleach), but a friend in high school used to do kool-aid dyes on almost-black hair before big meets. Generally some variant of red, and I want to say it lasted for a week at most, but we were also swimming twice a day almost every day and I’m sure that had an effect.

1 Like

Very temporary, hair chalk. Apparently you can even make it at home.

3 Likes

I want to try out compostable floss. Any brand recommendations?

2 Likes

Non recommendation-

Do you have at all tight teeth gaps? Husband and I both couldn’t use the silk floss very well, because it would break 2-3 times each flossing session. Neither of us have extreme tight gaps but enough there’s spots you have to “pull” and the floss didn’t stand up to that. Since talking to a friend this seems like a common problem.

This is the one we used-
Dental Lace Biogegradable Woven Dental Floss, Silk Floss with Natural Mint Flavor - 2 Floss Refills with Eco-Friendly Zero Waste Packaging, 66 Yards Amazon.com

3 Likes

I do have pretty tight teeth gaps :grimacing:

2 Likes

Thanks for the recs!

I think these two will probably be best places to try first:

And

We only recently got to a point where he is starting to be OK with washing his hair so actual dye is unlikely for a few more years. I will look into kool-aid dye though because he might be OK since it will seem fun and silly

6 Likes

I am searching for 6 each of 20” long by 6” deep by 6” tall opaque storage containers with straight sides (90° angles, no sides that tilt outward). These will be visible from a glass front cabinet. ETA lightweight/plastic. ETA I am located in the USA.

Could you do 2 10x6x6?

Yes

I wanted to post a follow-up to my search for comfortable panties because I found them! Thanks to all who gave me tips, I was unable to buy some of the suggested models due to them being out of stock or not in my size but I found a fantastic store I wanted to share. It’s called “her room” and maybe I’m far behind the times but I’d never heard of it. They have a chat service that is a real human being and they will actually help you find the exact underwear to suit your body shape and preferences!

I wanted full-coverage, comfortable bikini or hipster style briefs that were not super high rise (since I’m petite) and I told her I didn’t care about style at all. I ended up purchasing a few different pairs from different brands to compare and they are all really comfortable! I also got two thong style for no show. She was able to help me with sizing and tell me which brands ran larger or smaller, and if I hadn’t asked her I definitely wouldn’t have ordered the right sizes because (as we all know) size charts are a lie.

The brands I ended up getting were reebok, bali, and warners. I didn’t know reebok made underwear and I’d never heard of bali or warners! They weren’t more expensive than my usual aerie or whatever because there were a lot of sales. Anyway, if you are in the market for underwear I highly recommend this site, they also sell bras but I didn’t need any.

UPDATE: I would not recommend warner. The bali and reebok lingerie washed very well but the warners looks absurdly worn/damaged from two washes- to the extent that I’m going to ask for my money back. Just and FYI, I hope no one bought that brand on my recommendation.

15 Likes

I love that site! The bra measurements on each product page are also actually measured by HerRoom staff so it’s consistent across different products they carry (and they take a lot of measurements!).

10 Likes

Haha have you never been to an outlet mall?!

Those are old bra companies :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Haha, I went to them a lot when I was younger but a bra would have been purely ornamental back then :laughing:

4 Likes

Re litter boxes I’ve always used a regular litterbox and just put it inside a plastic tote with the front cut out.

Until I got Oliver who would only use a top entry box at first - but he was a weirdo :wink:

1 Like

Ideas please. We need to replace this little chandelier- it’s head bonking height in our unofficial playroom when we jump around, slash for my siblings/parents who are taller than us haha.

Concerns is that in winter this area can feel dark when the light is off. So we want something with good light. Also don’t know how much the beam in the room would be a problem with a more flush light?

This is what we put into the dining area of the kitchen/family room. Might just put the same thing in?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Decorators-Collection-Grafton-3-Light-Hallmark-Bronze-Semi-Flush-Mount-Ceiling-Light-23959/306173656

Downside is that it’s not like, THE MOST light.

We’re not very stylish. I like the room looking nice but mainly I need function.

1 Like

The style gods are going to hate me, but this is where I would suggest track lighting.

2 Likes