Your Very Own Personal Shopper

Have you heard of this label?

Their dresses fit me like a dream, perfect proportions. (And I would skip long sleeves in June!) Another less expensive option if you can wait for shipping is YesStyle- it’s all Asian designers so it’s all petite but it’s more expensive/well made than Shein.

5 Likes

I have allbirds - the “tree” version aka made from plants instead of wool. They are not durable and I have now worn through two pairs. Worst of all - I wore through the top of the toe box which I have never, ever had issues with in any other brand. The soles are wearing out too but it was the top and sides of the toebox that were most disappointing.

That being said, they are the comfiest lightweight sneaker-ish thing I was able to find at the time, and I liked them when they were new…

4 Likes

I would definitely skip a long sleeved dress in Redwood Estates in June. Lived experience says that there’s a very good chance that it’s warm there then. (I mean, yes, do bring a sweater, because Bay Area – but the mountains can get toasty in the daytime.) (By the way, beware of traffic on 17 if it’s a weekend wedding… you get beach traffic headed to Santa Cruz.)

If you’re looking for 70s MILF under NorCal cocktail code, what about a wide-legged green jumpsuit?

2 Likes

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a hot weather bike helmet?

It’s high time I get a new helmet-- I was making eyes at the bikepretty’s straw hat bike helmets, but when I looked at the helmet underneath, it was clear that my head would cook alive in the kind of heat we get down here.

Bonus for a reputable non-amazon bike store, but I’ll also take amazon recs

1 Like

My main concern is always safety and visibility since I bike in a not especially bike friendly area. I landed on a bontrager wavecell helmet but it’s really light and open and might work for your requirements too.

2 Likes

I have a Smith Network helmet and really like it: https://www.smithoptics.com/en_US/p/helmet/NETWORK-HELMETS.html?dwvar_NETWORK-HELMETS_color=matteDraplin

3 Likes

Can someone help me find some containers for a shelf cubby? Dimensions 8.25" deep, 9" wide, and 9.5" high.

Pardon the mess. It’s for the left column cubbies.

Are you looking for fabric/plastic/basket? Any colour preferences?

Preferably not clear, otherwise I don’t have a strong preference.

OMG OMG OMG. Ok so some of you might recall a conversation about wanting more comfortable bathing suits with, IDK, actual coverage. Well guess what? SHEIN, of all places, allows you to search swimsuits by “shorts” and “one piece” and they have a ton of super chic modern looking full coverage suits!!! They also have swim dresses and the type with leggings and long sleeves (is “burkini” an offensive term? it’s the only term I’ve ever heard but IDK if it’s cool or not), short sleeved suits, full body suits, etc.

Also I just bought this:

14 Likes

Linen sheets. Fitted sheets specifically. Where should I buy them, what should I pay?

My mattress company, silk&snow, has convinced me I want them. And I’ve somehow lost our good fitted sheet leaving us with only our shitty fitted sheet. One is not enough and malfitting is bad. So, I treat myself?

7 Likes

@PDM, I think I heard you being called.

3 Likes

White t shirts. Preferably exact replicas of the ones I used to buy 5 for $20 at Rave back in the early 2000s.

Requirements:

• White, cotton ish
  • Thicker fabric, no see through
  • Fitted shape
  • No chest pocket
  • Elbow sleeves
  • Scoop or v neck preferred
  • NOT $500 EACH
6 Likes

6 Likes

I have these (unless it’s one of the different styles from this store, but I’m pretty sure I went with linen) and I like them a lot!

3 Likes

I have a set from Target that is great. I think I paid $80 on sale for 2 sheets & 2 pillowcases. Seems to list at $140 now.

The best prices consistently are Etsy makers. There are many from Lithuania and Poland who charge about $50 per sheet.

1 Like

Recommendations for shorts to wear under skirts/dresses? Looking for something light, breathable and not too tight (don’t want anything that compresses).

1 Like

I wear jockey skimmies, not the most breathable, but I think they’ve been working on the fabric in the years since I got them.

Just popping in from the future to tell you how right you are. In my head, everything south of SF/Oakland is Pacifica or Half Moon Bay, and therefore chilly. I was wrong! I would be dying in a long sleeved dress this weekend.

4 Likes

I’m glad you are not dying this weekend! Yay for cool comfort \o/

2 Likes