Your Very Own Personal Shopper

Excited for you! I bought an adjustable desk with the shortest Low range that money can buy. Can find the link if helpful.

I use an old chair from a past job, and also have a Gokhale stretch sit chair in the shortest size they make.

And then not what you asked but I just switched from a regular keyboard to one without the number pad on the right, so it’s narrower, and it’s a lot more comfortable for my narrow shoulders.

5 Likes

5’2" and this chair saved my back when I was working 16 hour days. Herman Miller Mirra chair, loaded (has all adjustable lumber support and all the bells and whistles). I loved this chair so much!!

eBay link - back then I got a refurbished one from eBay and $800 was a steal, now you can get them for far less since there are a lot on the market. The best deals are from office liquidation warehouses.

5 Likes

I do have a very comfortable office set up but I’m just shy of 5’7" and I’m almost too short for my stuff! The problem is that my desk doesn’t go down low enough, so to have a comfortable posture for typing with my desk as low as possible I have to have the chair super high and my feet can’t touch the ground. It sucks. I would not recommend this desk from Costco for anyone that is shorter than me and wants to sit down (it is an adjustable standing desk).

I’ve solved the problem by putting my collector’s edition of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy under my feet :rofl:

8 Likes

Maybe the combo of knowing someone in Denver short and remembering you had adjustment issues with the desk made me think you were shorter than that :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

5’2" and I use a Fully adjustable sit-stand desk that goes down to 22.9 inches. For chair, I just have a little cute one I got at a second hand shop that is comfortable and lets me set my feet on the floor (which is easy when you can get the desk low enough!!).

The adjustability of the desk is so good. I can micro adjust for sitting guesses with feet on floor versus sitting cross legged versus standing versus whatever forms of bisexual sitting I have going on at any given time.

5 Likes

That’s totally possible. @BiblioFeroz is the shortest of us on the west side, and then @Bernadette is on the shorter side as well. I’m above average and @ginja_ninja is our beautiful giant :heart:

9 Likes

I’m a hair under 5’3". Also, as a disclaimer, I don’t really do ergo posture when I work and don’t really intend to embrace this, I want to be better at the “wiggles first” ergo philosophy, instead.

I got this sit stand desk with intent to get a walking pad later. Topped with an IKEA tabletop (I picked bamboo but that’s immaterial) ETA VIVO is def available elsewhere, I just got a closeout or open box one on Woot when they had them.

For chairs I went to staples and/or office depot and sat on a bunch. Picked a mesh one I liked. Husband has a used Herman Miller (Aeron?) and I hate it because the front is plastic and digs into my legs (which is just to say, this is so individual!) . This is what I ended up getting ooh look it’s on sale.

https://www.staples.com/union-scale-flexfit-dexley-mesh-task-chair-gray-un61365/product_24541932

2 Likes

FYI the loaded Herman Miller Mirra has an adjustable front that can curve down for short people :slight_smile:

The loaded part is key. I would not buy the base version of the Mirra but all the adjustments (and the fabric covering the back which is not in the base version) make it an amazing chair.

1 Like

Oh, no shade on HM generally! Husband loves his. But I didn’t have confidence that for me the features would result in more comfort or better posture, so I figured I’d move up one step in chair features from my last and see what the sticking points were, at a lower price point. And so far, none :grin:

Except maybe I need one of those flex chairs that you can sit cross legged or perch on.

2 Likes

I have the same fully desk and it is sooooo good.

I need a better chair though. My ikea one is just…fine. But I havent found a short person chair yet. Need to talk myself into a Herman Miller splurge probably.

3 Likes

Should clarify, I bought mine for $800 around 15 years ago and I thought it was a deal. Now you can get an open box one shipped to your door for ~$400. I’ve seen them used on FB Marketplace for around $200-300, when I was shopping for Marmalade.

Y’all are so good to your bodies. I just generally turn into a shrimp over the course of a day. In my most set up desk space, I have a normal thrift store desk chair at it’s medium setting and I rest my feet on my sewing basket. My desk is a normal height Amazon fold up one and that’s where my keyboard and mouse sit. My laptop is on a diy stand and then I have a tv wall mounted a bit to the left.

The reality is that I generally work lounging from my couch, with 2 pillows behind my back, laptop in lap and maybe mouse on coffee table next to me.

4 Likes

Same fully desk here too! I have the fully chair as well and I really like it but would not recommend for anyone shorter than me. I’m 5’5 and it’s perfect at the very lowest setting.

2 Likes

My setup is the desk and chair my company subsidized when we transitioned to FT WFH lol. I can check what the desk is; we ended up getting one for DH too. Chair is nothing special, definitely too big for me, but most are bc I am 4’11”. It does go down low enough though

3 Likes

I have a Soul Seat and I love it. At work I have an electric sit-stand desk and I love it, and I also have a custom built chair that I don’t love. Someday at home I will get a kids’ Fully Jarvis but for now I will just live with my weird and huge “bureau top on some desk drawers” setup and be gleeful that I got @diapasoun to get the Fully :joy:

2 Likes

At home I have an ancient desk from some office supply store that actually has a footrest built into it. At work I have a sit/stand where I mostly stand, but when I sit, I put my feet on a little shiatsu foot massage thingy that I sometimes use for its designated purpose and sometimes just for a foot rest.

1 Like

I got a kneeling chair. hugely helpful, because it forces me to reposition and not twist one leg under and wonder why I’m so stiff and sore at the end of a day.

just under 5’4

7 Likes

My neighbor is insisting on buying me a rug as a post-MCAT gift for my new little reading nook area I am trying to put together. I am trying to decide if this space wants a round rug or a rectangle rug?

Eventually there will be a comfy chair, a little table and possibly a lamp in the corner…as well as the other door on the cabinet :joy:

I am looking at rugs similar to this style:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY6YHVYB/ref=sspa_dk_detail_2?pf_rd_p=8c2f9165-8e93-42a1-8313-73d3809141a2&pf_rd_r=5Q59PWXF8NXRXHFKRSQE&pd_rd_wg=1aOPo&pd_rd_w=znCOP&content-id=amzn1.sym.8c2f9165-8e93-42a1-8313-73d3809141a2&pd_rd_r=6474a3fa-7dd8-4d13-8f86-49e066fc0674&s=kitchen&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9kZXRhaWw&th=1

6 Likes

I’m looking for birthday presents for kiddo who is turning 5. What about the Yoto Mini? Is there a better one?

Current ideas are a fancy dress up dress outfit and a mermaid lego set or similar.

2 Likes

I am instinctively drawn to rectangular, but I can’t really pinpoint why. Maybe because the space already feels rectangular due to both the shape + the rectangular bookshelf and so it’s congruous?

3 Likes