Your Very Own Personal Shopper

Are you looking for something like this ? https://burlapandjeans.etsy.com/listing/891455774

1 Like

I’m sure this was discussed previously but searching the forums always times out for me.

Looking for a queen mattress, ideally no springs, probably medium to firm. Flexible on price but given I’ve been sleeping fine on a crappy mattress for a while I’m not convinced I need to spend $$$.

If I’m not picky is a Sam’s club/Costco mattress gonna be fine or should I invest in something fancy/quality even if I don’t need to?

2 Likes

We’ve had 2 Lucid mattresses that are great! They are not super expensive, come in different thicknesses and last a long time.

2 Likes

I am looking into dash cams for my car. I was in a fender bender where a small woman in a big truck clipped the back corner of my car as I stopped to let her by even though I was mostly already out of the parking spot. Actually, I stopped to make sure she stopped and she didn’t. She says I backed into her and both insurance companies say, ok, it is your fault, that will be $$$ please.

I don’t know what I don’t know. This is technology that I’ve never had before. Any insight appreciated.

4 Likes

Start by talking to your insurance company and telling them what really happened! I hope you can get it turned around.

1 Like

I already did all that. It happened a few weeks ago. I have my car back and it is fixed. I just had to pay my deductible.

3 Likes

When I’m looking into tech I am unfamiliar with I start with Witecutter reviews. They’re generally really informative even if I don’t end up going with one of their picks.

2 Likes

I’m sorry :frowning:

I second the suggestion of Wirecutter reviews.

There is also a subreddit for dashcams. I have been casually looking myself, but as far as I can tell, as long as you’re not getting a no-namr piece of junk, it’ll be fine. If you’re in a hot climate, you might want a capacitor instead of a lithium battery, they are supposed to do better in the heat but as I still haven’t bought anything, that’s entirely conjecture from my reading!

1 Like

Thank you! I ordered their basic model. I’m sure it will be an improvement over feeling springs that are failing to support me.

2 Likes

I have been going to Planet fitness a few times and love their massage chair option, I was wondering if there is any comparable massage chair for residential use without breaking the banks.

2 Likes

I think @Bernadette has a fancy massage chair

2 Likes

We love our fancy massage chair! We bought it from Costco and got it on sale, maybe Labor Day sales will be on your side?

We paid about $1200 in 2021. I’ve used a friends $5k massage chair and it definitely wasn’t 4x better.

3 Likes

Sure, I would look into Costco website. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

Another quick question, any idea which could be the most cost effective way to buy crinkle paper shreds in bulk?

Short people of OMD - if you have ever had a comfortable desk setup please tell me your secrets and/or what kind of chair you have! The time has come for me to have an actual office at home instead of just hunching like a lump on the couch.

@Clare-Dragonfly @anomalily @Marcela @noodle

5 Likes

I think @Economista is on the short side and has a walking office set up? I could be misremembering but tagging in case.

3 Likes

@BiblioFeroz ?

3 Likes

LOL, she is actually quite tall.

I use a large footstool. It was worth purchasing a special item. Got it during the pandemic but I took it into the library. I can look it up if there’s interest.

4 Likes

Bj just knew there was a short denverite somewhere!

4 Likes