Your Very Own Personal Shopper

Recommendations for an espresso machine, as well as opinions or recommendations about whether or not the super automatic types are worth it?

My unrefined palate and I are pretty ok with drip coffee, but my husband is really into the idea of an espresso machine (his sister has one, they have similarly expensive tastes).

3 Likes

Recommendation: let the husband pick the machine if he wants one :sweat_smile: (that’s what I did… But I was OK with him spending 1.5k on one out of his hard earned bonus)

2 Likes

Anything on prime that you all are finding to be really good deals?

We are getting a new Apple Watch and smart thermostat!

By the way, follow up on the blender upgrade. We saw this one on sale and jumped on it. Higher powered than many options and only one pitcher to deal with. It was pricier than other ninjas before but competitive on sale. The pitcher is not glass as advertised though… Feedback so far: spouse said it pulverized chia seeds in his smoothie! :+1:

Limited-time deal: Ninja Blender and Food Processor Combo, Foodi Power Blenders For Kitchen and Personal Size, Smoothie Maker, 6 Functions for Spreads, Shakes, & More, 72-oz. Glass Pitcher & To-Go Cups, Silver SS401 Amazon.com

1 Like

I got some Picasso tiles that ended up being only $10 for the alphabet set, but they took it off after a couple hours so I’m pretty sure it was a botched listing :joy:

Otherwise nothing crazy good. Mainly just a few bucks of here and there what was already waiting to be bought- nursing tank tops, new modem, a couple books for my moms birthday, stuff like that.

(ETA other items- baby bib, sunscreen, bead set to replace the one Latte used up,)

5 Likes

I’m looking for a walking pad (make it easier to walk after lunch, useful for upcoming smoke season, useful for getting short bursts of movement when baby comes). I don’t really anticipate running on it a bunch but the option would be nice.

Does anyone have a walking pad they’d recommend it? Calling in at least @Economista.

5 Likes

I have the C2 from WalkingPad. It is a million times better than the cheap one I got off amazon first. Like night and day. I love it!

5 Likes

In that same vein, does anyone have a sit stand desk they like? My husband is 6’8” so finding one that is tall enough is a challenge too.

4 Likes

Seconding the C2 from WalkingPad, I love mine!

3 Likes

I have a Vari Desk and I really like it. My company bought it for me though, so I probably wouldn’t spend $800 if I were buying it myself. Costco usually has some really nice ones for around $300 that are probably just as good as Vari, but don’t have a wooden surface if he likes that look

3 Likes

My partner and I have Uplift desks and they’re great. Looks like some go up to 50.9 inches high - is that tall enough? See chart at the bottom for comparison. The #1 Standing Desk | UPLIFT Desk

2 Likes

I like my sit-stand desk but it’s because it goes down to 22 inches – because I am a Short Person :joy: So probably my rec is not great for him.

But, I have a Fully Jarvis and I really like it: https://store.hermanmiller.com/standing-desks/jarvis-bamboo-standing-desk/2542428.html

5 Likes

I have the white Costco one that looks like a giant iPad. I bought it in 2018 and it’s still going strong! We actually have 2 of them. The had the same ones in store a few weeks ago, but they have updated the usb ports to usb-c.

I especially like the usb ports on the side to make an easy charging spot.

2 Likes

My husband has an adjustable Husky work bench from Home Depot that he uses as a desk, he has been using it daily for four years now and it’s still holding up strong. The website says it adjusts from 26" on the lowest setting up to 42" high. (Not this exact one but something similar)

3 Likes

Are there boxer briefs for people with hips that don’t ride up/become boy shorts? I want a decent inseam, I guess

2 Likes

Woxer brand has a range of inseams. There is also an Amazon knockoff that comes up if you search them there. FWIW I found the knock offs more durable (they are not made of super soft modal though)

1 Like

Eh that’s OK. How do they breathe? I’m mostly wearing these for sleep

They’re cotton, breathe like undies!

1 Like

Is it Woxer as in boxers but for Women lol. Like romp-hims

2 Likes

Yep! The knock off brand I got was wirarpa, but I don’t expect it’s better than worse than average.

2 Likes