Your Very Own Personal Shopper

Does anyone have a recommendation for a wet food automatic cat feeder?

I don’t think the new ones are as good. My new one is a really annoying shape where my dough always wraps around the blade.

I’m wearing a silk halter dress in a wedding this summer. I’m too saggy for this shit. 34ish Bish currently. Any bra recs?

3 Likes

Have you gone into a target or aerie with the dress to try stuff on? Department stores are also helpful for this, but I feel like at 34B you might as well see if the cheap stuff will work. Bringing a friend is encouraged because you can make them grab you other sizes and put bras back on the hangers.

Halter style, you might be able to just racer back a normal bra or get one of those convertible type bras with the very long straps.

If the halter is skimpy or open back, I’m a fan of boob tape/Nippies for getting everyone where they should be/ providing coverage.

7 Likes

Those clear plastic strap that turn a weird yellow colour?

If you are happy with your current size maybe a specialty long line bra?

If you find something hidden but not sufficiently uplifting, I got things on Shein made of silicone that claim to be a bra, but are like two silicone things. You put on the nipple covering section and then tug a bit positioning your breast where you want it as you stick it down.

They seem to stay on really well and add great shape but no way in hell would I wear it without a bra. What if it just fell off straight down your dress onto the floor and even IF you were unnoticed you’d have one saggy tit and one perky one.

3 Likes

aka my natural state

6 Likes

I’d get some boob tape! They sell it at places like David’s bridal but I’m sure other stores have it as well. It works surprisingly well for giving some invisible lift and support with most necklines.

5 Likes

Seconding boob tape. This is how my wedding dress stayed on :joy:

5 Likes

Does anyone have any experience with Brooklinen pillows? I desperately (and I mean desperately) need new pillows, and they are having a sale. I am more interested in buying pillows that will last than getting the cheapest thing. Anyone have any intel?

4 Likes

Please talk to me about outdoor cameras.

Husband installed a ‘blink’ branded camera last night on the front of the house. So far today it has caught two delivery people leaving, but not arriving.

This is the first house we have ever owned that doesn’t have a view of the driveway - and I hate it. Because for years, (ie, last house and one prior, so - 15 years?) no one ever rang my doorbell without me already knowing they were there, and it is making me jumpy.

Also, we had a bear in the yard the other night - and i really want a trail cam just for squeeeee! purposes (I am not afraid of the bear, we have all our garbage secure etc).

Anyone have any other suggestions for cameras?

xposted to journal

4 Likes

Didn’t know where to share this. Bookshop is running free shipping rn!

4 Likes

I don’t have trail camera recommendations, but if you wanted a different security camera setup, we have this: Floodlight Cam S330 | Prime Day is On! - eufy US

Picture quality is amazing, app is easy to use with lots of different options/settings (like you can have it automatically follow people only and not cars, you can manually rotate it yourself, and you can view snapshot summaries of al people that it catches). We also have a Eufy doorbell cam and a cheaper Eufy solar light in the backyard, and they all work well on the same app.

1 Like

We have Swann and we really like it. But we did a lot of research and opted to hard wire with a little station vs. going over Wi-Fi. It seems to be a much better reliability option although it took some effort to wire.

2 Likes

I need a thingy to attach my phone to my car dash so I can see the map when I’m using it for directions. Any recommendations? I’d prefer not to buy from Amazon but I guess if I’m going to, I should do it today :joy:

1 Like

No specific rec but I really like magnetic ones. You have to have a metal plate on/in your phone or case but no fiddling with spring clamps and the mount can be less obtrusive.

1 Like

Swim shorts (that look like men’s board shorts but shorter preferably) for women?

I love the two pair I got from Lands End. One is like you’re describing, the other is more fitted so I use it like a bikini bottom. The lounge sleeve swim shirt I got from Lands End like a decade ago is still going strong.

Not sure your budget but saw these today while window shopping!

1 Like

5Below, if you have it, or equivalent dollar store may have a good option for ya!

2 Likes

I used to have a pair from Prana that I loved! Had to give them up when they mysteriously shrank (as did most of my clothes) :laughing:

1 Like