Your Very Own Personal Shopper

I think LE has the best selection and surest fit.

3 Likes

Hmmm, I do have a Kohl’s about 15 minutes away… but will the cuckoo cooperate…

1 Like

It’s not too late in that I haven’t bought one. It might be too late in that idk if my brain can absorb more bike specs

I think if I’m serious about a light bike I need to stay away from the step through style, but I like the upright posture and riding it felt a little more “solid” than riding a bike. Probably because it weighs so much

4 Likes

I really liked the commuter bikes that aren’t road bikes. Sturdy enough to ride over grass, not as heavy as a step-through. Regret getting my step-through instead of the lighter one.

5 Likes

I used to have this style before I went to an ebike and was really happy with it. They’re definitely better for pedaling- better mechanics and body posture.

1 Like

Lands End swim shorts are the best I’ve found!

1 Like

It is once again my mother’s birthday and I am once again asking for your advice. Has anyone recently come across/received a nice gift basket for less than about $100?

She doesn’t really go for sweets so something in the wine-and-cheese family would be optimal. My father will be getting Jeni’s ice cream forever.

8 Likes

I like the aunt Laurie’s gift baskets, because of their mission, and the ones I’ve gifted have all been very lovely but they were non alcoholic.

ETA: not to say that I know all about their org, just that I like that they’re not Amazon or whatever.

4 Likes

How about a graduation gift for my step-niece who is 17, loves dance and family and fashion, graduating high school, and starting university in the fall?

6 Likes

Can’t go wrong with cash!

8 Likes

I forgot to mention she’s Canadian and I’ll need to mail the gift!

2 Likes

The girlfriend collection or…. Let me look up last tear’s Christmas list

2 Likes

The girlfriend collective top is a big one that we couldn’t reasonably get for our teen’s christmas.

I totally knew it was collective not collection. There are tonnes of fashion brands we can’t reasonably get here. So I’d say something on those lines.

3 Likes

For sure wads of cash haha. A meaningful book about some aspect of life (finance, relationships, whatever) if you want to up the razzle dazzle.

4 Likes

Ooh I think she’d like the top! (For a second I thought the Girlfriend Collection was a new Taylor Swift album or something.)

2 Likes

A good weekender or carry on size luggage with thoughtful features (computer, shoe, water pockets, etc). Even if she’s living at home or home is across the country, there are lots of travel opportunities in college… Spring Break, volunteering, interviews, visiting friends…

(Cash is good, too, just branching out on ideas. :blush:)

ETA I know you said you’d have to ship, I was thinking this is an order online to their address kind of thing. May also be out of budget. A nice travel toiletry set could be a more modest alternative in the same vein.

5 Likes

I’ve been making more smoothies and I think I want to upgrade my blender from this to a “Kitchen System” with a shared base and single serve cups (as well as blending and food processing). I am leaning toward a Ninja for brand loyalty and power-hungry reasons (1200-1500 W vs 400-500 for Cuisinart and the like… vroom! ).

But I started wondering if I’m focusing on the shiny more than the functional? Who has a blender/FP they love? Do I need the FP if I have a KitchenAid for dough and could get a shredding attachment?

4 Likes

I have this and really like it. I don’t use it to its full potential because I don’t cook much but it works well. It’s supposed to work well for dough too!

2 Likes

My ninja has 2 cups, one jug and one blade. Why? But a FP system would be ideal

2 Likes

Do you like to make things like hummus and pesto? I like my FP for those things, and I used to make a ton of nut butters and dips in college. I honestly rarely use it anymore because my food tastes have changed/I don’t have time for all of those fun food projects anymore, but the FP is great for those. Some people make pie dough in there as well but I prefer to do that with my hands. It is so easy and quick for shredding things, definitely a go to if you do a lot of cheese shredding and/or cabbage/veg shreds. Also great to make energy ball type things with dried fruits/nuts

I know people make dips/hummus in a blender, but I find it so much messier/less efficient than the FP and harder to clean. If you could have a base that supports both, I think that is ideal!

But also…I am a Vitamix person and not just for the fact that I think it works the best, but they also last forever. Mine is over 20 years old and still 90% perfect. I’ve used Ninja and Blendtec and neither seems to fully emulsify or destroy ice the way that the Vitamix can.

Cuisinart FP is hands down the best I think, but mostly just for longevity. I think a $50 food processor can do most of what a $200 one can…but with blenders the $$$ makes a big difference.

5 Likes