Your Very Own Personal Shopper

https://www.amazon.com/GRACEART-Reenactment-Pioneer-Prairie-Colonial/dp/B07BQ88T45/ref=asc_df_B07BQ88T45/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=693770472464&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8086722278929781293&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9005615&hvtargid=pla-568967302471&psc=1&mcid=d8b470d756f3301aa23e31a2c9f8df78&gad_source=1

Might be too big? Not sure what “6 years” means as a size.

Def esp if higher quality and not costume vibes

1 Like

Thank you guys, this has at least got me going on search term and brands and stuff!

2 Likes

I’m mattress shopping, and if anyone has opinions on mattresses that are:

• non-memory foam
  • Firm (but not Very Firm) mattresses
  • preferably sleep cool (summer is So So Hot and I’m a Woman Approaching A Certain Age)

My brother has highly recommended a latex mattress that he really likes, but I’m concerned about it breaking down/softening the same way my memory foam has when I used a heating pad to warm up the bed in the winter.

5 Likes

How splurgy are you feeling? We got a Purple last Nov and I think it meets your reqs. It’s softer/squishier/bouncier than I wanted but I’m getting used to it. It’s actually a good combo of soft but supportive because it uses a rubbery grid matrix. No pressure points and no saggy butt/drowning feelings :joy:. The selling point was def the cooler sleep since it’s too hot for blankets here for like 6 mo.(We got the restore plus, which is middle of mid tier. I think we slept on a basic model in a friend’s guest room and were pretty happy with that, too)

ETA if it gets cold in winter you may need to put a blanket or mattress topper on. The cooling was very noticeable next to our old pillow top!

4 Likes

I should be doing about a million more urgent things, but instead I’m hyperfixating on which e-bike I should buy. Help me!

Pros:

• I have actually ridden it for a week and quite like it
  • good colors
  • super duper duper waterproof (I don’t know how much this matters?)
    Cons:
  • so so soooo heavy (63 lbs with no acessories). Difficult to get onto my porch so I could lock it. I turned off assist on a perfectly flat stretch of bike path so I could test it and it’s ridable on gear 1, but pretty fatiguing even then. I’m worried if I run out of battery somewhere I will be stuck (can’t put it on the bus, probably can’t fit it in my car, wouldn’t be able to lift it into the car by myself)

Pros:

• “only” 52 lbs. Seems way easier to deal with, lightest ebike (under $2k at least) I’ve seen yet
    Cons
  • I haven’t actually ridden it and so idk if there’s stuff I won’t like about it but don’t know about yet
  • worse colors (the blue is ok but I like the green Velotric better)

I would kind of like to decide during the Memorial Day sale since I’ve been thinking about this for 3 weeks so far (but no actual consequences if I don’t figure it out)

3 Likes

I know nothing about ebikes but what’s your use case?

Would a 63 lb bike be motivation to Lift and Get Swole? :laughing:

2 Likes

hahah I mean. Not getting weird neck/back pain from not positioning myself correctly is my real goal, followed by not waking up at 5am BLAZING HOT with just a sheet on. At a certain point, I’m willing to spend Enough for that to not happen!

I’ll check out Purple! Also, an insulating topper for the winter! I’m such a delicate flower for sleep temperature, apparently.

1 Like

Biking to work 4/5 days the week I had it borrowed was anti-going to the gym goals. I felt like I had worked out already.

I could ride it to the gym though!

Riding a bike to work (according to google) take the same amount of time as taking the bus, and if the weather is nice is more pleasant. We only have one car and I would like to reduce my dependence on it for in-town errands and leisurely out-of-town social engagements (not more than 10 miles each way I think, unless I get extra fit). I have a normal bike but am not in good enough shape that I can get anywhere on it in a reasonable time, and my commute has two 1-mile road patches where I greatly appreciated being able to zoom up to 22 mph and keep up with the cars.

3 Likes

The aventon comes with an extra battery, and I have very positive feelings about that. We’ve had a surprising number of battery issues.

1 Like

We got a futon mattress made for beds, filled with cotton, foam, and wool. I really like it!

But what made the biggest difference to heat regulation was switching to linen sheets (the good European flax is worth the splurge, LinaPlusHome on Etsy makes really great quality sheets or look on eBay for Pottery Barn customer returns, linen can start a little rough but it gets much softer with wash and wear) and getting wool comforters. We have two wool comforters from WoolRoom, one heavier one and one summer weight that I’ve paired with linen duvet covers (found on eBay), and when it’s really cold I use both. Absolutely worth every penny. I used to constantly be throwing off the comforter and then getting cold and putting it back on but as long as the right one is being used I sleep so well through the night now!

1 Like

I am trying to find a work bag! Here are the requirements:

• Cute (would prefer structured, probably leather/fake leather)
  • holds a 15" laptop
  • holds lunch (can be a separate bag within, just big enough for a lunch)
  • tote or backpack are options
  • under $300

Someone said I should look at “fashionable diaper bags” to find what I am looking for, and I am really open to that. I want something that isn’t my ugly backpack and I don’t need to bring a separate lunch box.

Any ideas or brands I should look at?

3 Likes

I have a Rothys tote that works well (it doesn’t show any age and can be washed!). It’s not super structured and doesn’t have a zipper but mine still looks new after a year and it goes into the washing machine!

2 Likes

Is the battery removable, and how difficult is it to remove the battery? Because maybe you could remove the battery and lift the bike and the battery in separate trips. The battery of my bike weighs several pounds, so the difference is quite noticeable.

3 Likes

The website says the battery is 8.7 lbs which is a lot.

3 Likes

Right, so then if you remove it, the bike is 54 pounds! I don’t know if that makes it easier, but something to consider.

2 Likes

But the other bike is like 45, then!

My walking pad is about that, I think? It’s liftable.

3 Likes

Maybe you can build it a lil bikey ramp?

I just reorganized our garage to make my bike go in and out more easily. Daily lifting is a nightmare

2 Likes

We’ve been talking about building a shed for 1.5 years, but if I wait until we actually build it I might never buy an e-bike at all

3 Likes

We have the tuft and needle Nod and it’s firm without being the same as sleeping on the ground, and we absolutely love it. My husband sleeps very hot and he likes it. (Also though look into the bed jet!)

2 Likes