Your Very Own Personal Shopper

I used to use a fishing tackle box to organize my earrings. Now I am fancy grown-up lady I have an actual jewelry box. And hooks on the wall for my other dangle earrings.

Limited-time deal: SONGMICS Jewelry Box with Glass Lid, 4-Layer Jewelry Organizer, 3 Drawers, for Sunglasses, Big Jewelry, Jewelry Storage, Mother’s Day Gifts, Cloud White and Gold Color UJBC161W01 Amazon.com

1 Like

I have two Blue air purifiers and I like them a lot. I prefer the one I bought last summer to the one I bought a couple years ago (I still use both). The newer ones have better features. For example, it is easier to switch between modes.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a recommendation for over the ear Bluetooth headphones? Ear buds fall out of my ears and I want Bluetooth so I don’t have a cord in my way while I’m gardening.

I have aftershokz, which I guess are rebranded as shokz now. They don’t look like traditional over ear headphones but they sit near your ears and stay on pretty well for active activities. Kinda pricey though

2 Likes

I have these and have really liked them. My only note is if you have both of them out of the case but leave one at the other end of the house as you’re walking around, the sound will start cutting in and out. It took me a while to realize what that was.

Those look super nice but probably a bit out of my price range for listening to podcasts while gardening!

Oh these look like they might work. Thank you!

2 Likes

Yeah I think they used to have a more budget model (the one I have) but it’s discontinued :sob:

1 Like

I think BB has the same kind. He’s been happy with the performance. One set he wore out but- he’s 13!

ETA- He has a different kind that doesn’t go over the ear. We also have a shower speaker from the same brand!

I will also recommend bone conduction headphones – I too have an issue with earbuds not fitting in my ears (and then causing pain) and the bone conduction headphones work really well for me. I can also hear things happening around me, which I appreciate in a city.

https://www.amazon.com/Conduction-Headphones-Resistant-Earphones-Bluetooth/dp/B09JSK8TX2

I need to get a bigger slow cooker. I have a 4 quart basic crockpot that works great but it’s too small for cooking for the family. I’m eyeing a 6-7 quart one. Should I get a basic crockpot or are any of the fancier ones with more functions worth it?

In particular I’m eyeing the instant pot one with a built in Dutch oven because you can sauté in it too. But the instant pot pressure cooker I find is a terrible slow cooker so maybe I should just buy a crockpot? I mean, a 7-quart manual crockpot is $40.

5 Likes

If you really like slow cooking, crock pot is the way to go. If you do not need a timer, don’t buy one with a timer. The LCD display is wearing out on mine whereas if it just had a dial, I wouldn’t be having that problem!

I own both a crock pot and an instant pot. The sautee feature is nice but also it’s awkward to saute in, especially for a short person (because it sits up so tall on the counter) and smaller than a skillet, so the applicability is somewhat limited. In the real word I don’t use it that way very often.

4 Likes

I actually hate the sauté function on the IP. I feel like it immediately burns—you can’t really control the heat level?

3 Likes

A crockpot only does the one thing but it does it really well.

5 Likes

If you already have the supplies, a picture frame with some chicken wire or hardware cloth or other metal mesh and a strip of fabric across one section (for the studs) will do the trick. But if you don’t already have the metal mesh it’s hard to get small amounts.

2 Likes

Air Purifier - we went with the Coway, thanks everyone!

4 Likes

Hot tip! You can order replacement filters from their website to auto-ship. That way you don’t have to think about replacement timing.

4 Likes

Can anyone find me a little girls dress for purchase like this? Anywhere 4T through girls XS

2 Likes

Old Navy definitely had some in the fall/winter collection. Would you be ok with used clothes for this?

1 Like

Etsy? Look for prairie dress or pioneer dress.

1 Like