Your Very Own Personal Shopper

Has anyone tried them/know if they’re worth the splurge?

Do you have a favorite model?

Those are cute!

I got a pair for free and they were fine, I guess? I found them a bit warm but that might have been because mine were a smidge too small (I was in between sizes and rounded down when I should have rounded up - they are not as stretchy as the athletic shorts I usually wear underneath dresses)

2 Likes

There are reviews if you want to take a look. I can give you a review in July if you can wait until then!

OH I also just remembered that I had a ton of static with the Wool& shorts! I was about to say YMMV depending on climate, but then remembered you’re in the same climate as me :rofl:

4 Likes

Several people complained about the waist being too large and that is a problem I have, so maybe not for me!

3 Likes

I have several pairs of jockeys slipshorts, some of them designated as “cooling” that I got at Target and I’ve been pretty happy with them. Not sure the cooling ones are that much more cooling? They’re all perfectly fine, my preference is based more on waistband styling (I prefer a wide waistband for a smoother silhouette…)

Some of the more specialized brands might be better, I haven’t tried. But they’re more than the $12-15 jockeys go for! :blush:

3 Likes

I have the Original and the Cooling. For me (tall, pear shaped) the Original is more comfortable because it has a higher rise. They don’t have any compression but with the higher rise it smooths out my belly a bit. I save the Cooling for really hot days. I like this brand because they have so many lengths and they don’t ride up or fall down. I put them on and don’t have to fuss with them.

4 Likes

I bought one on my Target run this week and it seems probably acceptable, thanks for the sugestion! And much cooler. It was good enough on my actual bike ride, although I will need to be more careful about letting it show because it’s more like undies than proper shorts (which is the point of course).

If it wears out really fast or I want something fancier I will try the fancy brands recommended by @Clare-Dragonfly and/or @Littlebird but I have REALLY been splurging on clothes for me lately so I needed to reign things in.

6 Likes

Does anyone have an air purifier that they recommend? I posted in Cranky’s journal but thought I might ask the larger forum for any you love.

4 Likes

I have a blue Air one. I think a 411 Auto or something? Review said it was a little cheaper to run than other options.

3 Likes

Has anybody recently bought an earring organizer that you really like? The earring collection in question is not super large, but does include both studs and dangly ones. The owner of the earrings is an 11-year-old boy.

2 Likes

I’ve been quite happy with the Costco ones we got, Winex. We have an indoor air particulate meter and they work really fast to clear air like when we cook.

2 Likes

We have a blue air 211+ (I don’t think they sell that exact model anymore but they do sell replacement filters for it) and a Coway mighty. I like them both but prefer the more simple visuals of the blue air.

2 Likes

The Coway has good reviews, minimal blinkly light bits and was medium expensive. We like it and it did a good job with the smoke last summer. It takes a while on high (very loud) to get rid of cooking smoke/smells though.

1 Like

How dangly are we talking? I have a tiny plastic multi drawer thing on my bathroom counter top, a cut up egg carton actually fits in perfectly and the different egg areas hold different kinds of earrings (studs in one, bigger studs in another, dangly ones in other cups sort of categorized by color or mood, holiday earrings get their own lil’ cup thing at the back because I don’t need them that often, etc.)

3 Likes

i love the egg carton idea! now i want a ceramic one for my earrings.

i have one of these which is fine but i have barely any rings and so i hate losing a whole drawer to a ring holder that can’t be removed.

2 Likes

Some are larger than an egg cup!

1 Like

I really like my old Blueair ones, the old models which are made of metal and will probably last forever! One is 200 series and one is 400 series.

1 Like