Your Very Own Personal Shopper

I hate chacos. They’re very polarizing, I would definitely try them on and walk around the store for 10-15 minutes before you buy. They rub the bottom of my feet in a way that hurts a lot and causes blisters.

8 Likes

I am a huge fan of the Taos Prize sandals. The straps are velcro but don’t look like it. The straps also come up high on the foot so no flapping as you walk. They are a bit pricey, but well worth it IMHO.

3 Likes

Tevas did me solid in Bangkok. Idk how they are for wide feet but could be worth trying on

1 Like

Yes! I’m one person and I am also polarized about Chacos! They have a great footbed for my feet, however despite having bought multiple styles of their sandals, their standard highly adjustable models have straps that tighten and strangle my feet as I walk. Particularly the ones with the toe straps. I get so many blisters. I. have tried every possible adjustment to prevent the over-tightening and I think it’s just a result of my foot shape.

But last summer I discovered they have a newer model that isn’t as highly adjustable. The footbed is slightly less nice, but the straps don’t strangle my feet. No blisters! I finally have a pair I can wear without regret and I love them.

8 Likes

i can’t do the toe loops. one of the major reasons i wear chacos is so my toes can be freeeee.

i have a lot of pairs because i stock up when they go on sale. one of my faves is a leather pair that is less adjustable — the leather is so soft!

5 Likes

Same. I really wanted to like them, they were a too expensive dream for a long time and all the cool outdoorsy people had them.

Something about the footed texture traps dust and then uses it as sandpaper on my sole. No blisters, but the whole bottom of my foot was inflamed! Note: REI will take returns of used equipment for a year! But I tried to like them for longer and eventually sold them to their Garage store.

I went to Xero sandals, but my use case was partly “lightweight footwear to switch into from hiking boots”, and not really all-day wear.

6 Likes

Wizard used Chacos for years and the texture of the insole made the bottoms of his feet gross. He liked them for a long time, but the texture + changing foot structure over time meant he stopped wearing them.

I am glad that they really work for the people who like them, though!

2 Likes

Laptop charger? I have a lenovo yoga.

Ideally refurbished or pickuppable locally, and not from Amazon.

Or portland spot to fix this wire situation? Is this fixable?

1 Like

That’s the side that goes from the outlet to the brick, right? You should be able to get that separately, and if you ask on BN/Free Stuff there are likely people with old chargers that have one lying around in a box of cables. (Or are other people not pack rats like us?)

Office Depot, eg

1 Like

Oohhh didn’t realize I could get that piece separately! Thanks

Try Free Geek! Lots of people donate computer supplies there.

What kind of delicates bag should I buy to wash bras?

2 Likes

I got one at the grocery store. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I got one cheap off Amazon.

I strongly prefer zippers to clasps/snaps, and got big delicates bags so I could do bras and also shirts I like to lie flat to dry. It works really well for us because if it’s in that bag, it doesn’t go through the dryer - it goes on the rack.

5 Likes

I have one that I got for free at CVS a zillion years ago, and a set from Amazon. I use them for handknits and for my tights, so it’s nice to have multiples.

1 Like

Multipack on Amazon, grocery store brand ones are usually pretty similar.

I have A Lot of the zipper mesh bags (the thin mesh preferred) in the different sizes and they’ve held up pretty well to lots of washing! I have some big ones for fancy skirts that can delicates machine wash but need air drying too.

3 Likes

Does anyone know of bike shorts that are more breathable? I like to wear them all day under a dress or skirt but then I get sweaty on my walk and it’s just not a good scene.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve tried a bunch of brands and Thigh Society is my favorite.

5 Likes

Wool& Frankie shorts? I have a pair that I got for free for buying stuff during their holiday sale, I haven’t worn them yet but they’re merino and people seem to love them. I plan to take them to Europe to wear with dresses.

1 Like