Your Very Own Personal Shopper

Classic front loaders need to have the door kept open or they get very stinky/mildewy. Sounds like the vents allow you to close the door! Def important with small children around who like to hide items lol

2 Likes

Ah! I do not have small children, and am accustomed to keeping the door open on my current machine, so this did not even register as a concern :slight_smile:

Thank you for the explanation that makes hella sense why it would be critical for a house with small children

(My giant children do their own laundry)

2 Likes

I’m thrilled to know it’s an option now! We have a stinky one in the basement of this rental and other tenants often ignore the “keep door open” sign. Sigh. If it ever kicks the bucket I’m suggesting vented.

1 Like

Bless.

2 Likes

It vents the moisture out and there’s a cycle where it like, spins the water out when you’re done. No smells etc. Mine obstructs a hallway to a bedroom so it’s very very handy.

3 Likes

When I did the research, the great reviews applied to their top loader only :frowning:

I got an LG set a few years ago and they’re fine.

5 Likes

But the top loaders are pretty awesome, as they have a minimal amount of electronics. I miss the one I left in Ohio.

We’ve got an agitator less top loader here. It’s a Maytag and it’s large and it has way more options than I need, plus it takes an hour for a load of laundry.

3 Likes

For anyone who makes your own sandwich loaf bread, what pan do you bake in? We currently do sourdough in our Dutch oven, but we would like to step up to sandwich loaf shapes.

2 Likes

I just use a regular loaf pan. But if you want to be fancy, you can get a pullman pan.

(But I usually can’t even be bothered to do that, I just make an Italian load and it’s fine, it doesn’t have to be square. If you just bake it on a pan and don’t add moisture to the oven it turns out with a soft crust, which makes it perfect.)

1 Like

What size loaf pan? I have one but it seems very small.

Please keep in mind that I have the variable of a very particular 4 1/2-year-old :joy::sob:

2 Likes

:joy: fair.

It is 1.5 qt, the bottom dimensions are approximately 4x8" and it flares slightly at the top to 8.5x4.5" at the top, 2.5" deep.

If you want to get perfectly square slices though, I’d try a pullman pan, I don’t have one, but have thought about getting one frequently, if for no other reason than the novelty of making perfectly square slices…

3 Likes

I only learned about pullman pans recently but I have been considering buying one ever since

1 Like

Bread machine. It does sandwich shaped pretty well except the hole from the mixer paddle.

I am looking for some comfortable walking sandals, something I could do a few miles in on a hot day. Waterproof is a plus but not required. I have wide feet. Does anyone have recommendations?

3 Likes

People always say 9x5 bread pan, but I use the slightly smaller than that size.

I use the bigger ones for meatloaf and for cranberry bread (my recipe for that needs a slightly bigger pan) and cinnamon bread (ditto.)

2 Likes

I like Keens, but Amazon has some knockoffs that are very comfortable and lighter in weight. If you want something fancier, I’ve got no recommendations but that kind of trail sandal is really comfortable and I’ve got old fat feet.

2 Likes

chacos are my go-to. great arch support, strong but not too heavy. i especially like the ones with wide straps, because the straps on those seem to be a little softer than the regular kind. these are my faves. that’s a link to “men’s” but i think they are basically the same.

2 Likes

+1 chacos, you can walk over just about anything anywhere in any weather. I love the toe loop kind, keeps my foot very secure. Downside is that it lacks a certain something in the fashion department, but also, who cares. The thicker soles ones are legit great for hiking, ymmv on the sharp rock mountain kind of hiking.

3 Likes

Another predictable vote for Chacos! They are so comfy and secure, and I’ve worn them all over the place. I’ve also had my current pair for over 10 years, they never seem to fall apart

3 Likes