Your Very Own Personal Shopper

The Follow your heart Blue is great. I’ve been adding it to salad for a bacon blue vibe, fantastic. Holds up well. The dairy free Boursin is also great. The TJs cream cheese is decent flavor but super hard to spread. The TJs Mexican cheese blend is foul. I haven’t tried the follow your heart feta yet, just got it, but I love the TJs vegan block feta. The Diya meltable cheddar is bland AF. The mini baybels smell like fake butter but the flavor is …okay.

2 Likes

Mesh laundry bags? Anyone have any favorites? Two of mine wore out and I have no idea where I got the ones I love, can’t find a brand or anything. Primarily used for toddler dresses and period undies and bras.

1 Like

I got mine from the grocery store in the same section as detergent. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Yeah, mine were cheapos off Amazon.

1 Like

I got mine from Amazon. I’ve had several sets and none seemed better than the others, so I just go with whatever set has the sizes I want, which is mostly medium but occasionally one that is sweater sized.

2 Likes

I actually love using my GuppyFriend bag for my larger delicates. I don’t see that it’s caught any fibers from fleece jackets (possibly because we have a front load washer that is more gentle?) but I started using it for wool items and other larger delicates and it’s great.

I also have two small mesh bags that have been going strong for two decades. I had to stitch up one a bit and for one the zipper pull has come off, but I think they were just cheap ones from Amazon!

2 Likes

Ha! I’m dumb I went to take photos and found a brand name. These are the one I like- snap together to stay closed and allllll smooth.

So now I need to figure out where I can get two more of these?

This is the style I hate. Stabby snaggy awful zipper.

5 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:

I can’t find them

6 Likes

GuppyFriend has a flap over the zipper!

Oh I lied, the flap is on the inside. But the zipper is round and not stabby or snaggy.

2 Likes

I might opt for this then so I can touch them ahead of time, with Guppy as my backup.

2 Likes

I’ve had decent luck at Marshalls/TJ Maxx/local equivalent, though the exact style seems to vary quite a bit. Probably bad odds for what you’re looking for but worth a peek if you’re in the area.

3 Likes

I have those same ones and unfortunately I think they came from Bed, Bath and Beyond (RIP).

3 Likes

My planner is 100gsm paper, and I like a felt-tipped pen. The one I’m using (sharpie pen, fine tipped), bleeds through.

Any recommendations for one that won’t? Or do I have to use ballpoint? I got some jet stream ballpoint pens on Wirecutter recommendation but they don’t bring me joy :sob:.

I don’t like the Staedtler pen shape so that’s out. Picture shows the bleed through from the felt tip pen. Page photographed is using the ballpoint.

2 Likes

No recommendations, but that bleed through would drive me batty.

1 Like

Just an FYI for anyone who’s starting to look at taxes and that it might matter to, apparently Fidelity has TurboTax Premium free for some subset of customers again (one federal and one state return).

*Yes TurboTax remains the devil, but as of now it’s the devil that can deal with with ESPP and RSU stock stuff without requiring me to both work everything out by hand and then perform a minor miracle to get the software to accept the damn results without erroring out…realistically given IRS reporting requirements nothing is good but at this point none of the less-demonic software seems to be cooperative (although I guess I’ve never tried HR Block since I consider them about the same)

ETA: If someone has tried other software and had good luck with these please let me know…the last time I tried was maybe 3 years ago (2 years ago? Not last year, anyway). If there have been improvements it’d be good to know. I asked at the other place, but so far no info.

7 Likes

So years ago we went to Waterford Crystal and bought a tumbler set. I broke one of them like 10 years ago and I’ve been meaning to get it replaced.

I think the pattern is Irish lace but it looks… Not quite right? Also looks like you have to buy 2, unless I eBay it?

So I guess I’m wondering

• Are these the same?
  • Does it make sense to eBay something like this?

2 Likes

I got replacement Waterford crystal on poshmark, but I ended up getting two because why not have 3

2 Likes

Because 2 is almost $400 :joy::sob:

1 Like

Whoa!! Instead of replacing the one you broke with another one that you might break, might I suggest going to an antique store and getting a new set of crystal tumblers for far less than the cost of one?

6 Likes

Ah.

Two of my champagne flutes were like $150 and one was $90 so I just went for it.