Your Very Own Personal Shopper

I think mine is the conair spinny brush dryer. It is so good. And much cheaper than the dyson.

2 Likes

I had the Conair round brush for 4 years now and just switched over to the Drybar 1 shot. The Drybar is lighter, but the Conair gets hotter and so dries my hair faster.

So another vote for the Conair.

3 Likes

I remember seeing discussions of refrigerators somewhere in the forum, but I can’t find it. Our Samsung fridge is awful and we’ve had all the problems with the ice maker that people have. Today, the water dispenser also stopped working and I’ve HAD it.

Do you love (or even just like) your fridge? Must haves are water/ice dispenser - we use them all the time. It also must be french door style, as I dislike the side by sides. Otherwise, price and functionality are my drivers.

3 Likes

I love my fridge! I have this one :GE® ENERGY STAR® 24.8 Cu. Ft. Bottom-Freezer Drawer Refrigerator - GDE25EYKFS - GE Appliances

I debated between French door and one single big door, and I love having the single big door and I think there’s more space. Mine has an ice maker, I think they also make one with a water dispenser but I didn’t get that option. I did a lot of research before buying a fridge and it seems like GE makes a really good product, even if this specific model isn’t exactly what you’re looking for! I will say, I love the top fridge but I’m so over fridge drawers…there doesn’t seem to be a way to get away from it though, without having a side by side which I hate. I just bought a separate small upright freezer to have more space because the drawer freezers are never big enough.

3 Likes

I also hate fridge drawers. And it seems like they are adding more drawers not less. Clearly most people love them! Good to hear that you’ve been happy with GE. We will absolutely never get a Samsung appliance again.

1 Like

We removed some of our fridge drawers to make room for produce bins!

1 Like

I actually meant freezer drawers, haha but I also hate fridge drawers! I especially hate the dumb huge shallow bottom drawer that seems to be a feature on every fridge I see now. Even apples are too tall to put in it, I have no idea what it’s meant for!

2 Likes

we use ours for cheese :laughing:

4 Likes
  1. This one really depends on your space, but if I could go back in time, i would get a counter depth fridge. Way less space at the back to loose things, but you do sacrifice some volume.

2. I have a whirlpool French door fridge that has held up reasonably well, though it’s probably 6 years old at this point. My only complaint is that I haven’t been very careful with it so the plastic fronts of the shelves/drawers are scratched up from things like a bit of car grit on the bottom of the milk jug. Idk if that’s a thing you can shop for, but less front/top facing plastic might hold up longer? Or maybe they’re all like that now.

3. My friends $$$ Bosch fridge is very nice

4 Likes

We use ours for cheese and lunch meat.

4 Likes

+1! Mine is maybe less shallow, so I also put potatoes and cider cans and bottles of prosecco laying down in mine.

5 Likes

Definitely cheese and lunchmeat. It’s also sometimes temperature controllable, so you can make it colder or warmer than the fridge proper.

5 Likes

CHEEEEESE

12 Likes

I am clearly not eating enough cheese! :joy:

11 Likes

We’ve been putting carrots in ours but now I’m rethinking it :joy:

6 Likes

At sibling’s that’s nephling’s accessible-snack drawer, and the last time I was there it was mostly carrot sticks and cheese, so I think that’s at least consistent? Although I seem to remember grapes, too.

8 Likes

We do too, and we have a lot of cheese!

Alas, the last fridge I bought was a Samsung, and we never had any trouble with it.

2 Likes

So the water dispenser mysteriously started working again ?!? I emailed some appliance repair companies so maybe the threat of repair or replacement was enough. I am not sad about delaying the 2K spend, and I appreciate everyone’s input because this fridge is on borrowed time.
PS we also use our drawer for cheese and deli meat! I don’t consider that drawer a must-have, but I guess it’s nice to have the cheese wrangled.

4 Likes

I have a 4 year old :joy::smiling_face_with_tear: also, I can’t eat dairy right now so there’s a bunch of vegan stuff being trialed plus standard stuff.

1 Like

I saw the follow your heart brands! Any of it good? I’ve been buying the Trader Joe’s cashew cheese but it smells like feet :sob:

2 Likes