Yoga With Adrienne - 30 Day Journey

I skipped ahead in February as well but I probably should have stuck with the 10 minute video. I did the basic beginner one in the living room with the bright idea that the toddler might do it with me (she likes to stand next to me and mimic stretches. That did not work and I only made it 18 minutes before I had to shut it off. But, combined with the 15 minutes I managed to get on the spin bike I called it a win for the day.

2 Likes

Day 26! That’s the one with the horizon pose. I wasn’t familiar with it and it felt awkward, but I’m sure with practice it would be fine.

I think I will skip day 30 when that comes around because I know I don’t want to make up my own yoga and I’m so behind anyway.

I will most likely be bailing on all of you lovely people after I finish January, but I would love to keep hanging out and having accountability, even if I am doing different exercise. This challenge has really helped me to see that I have more time in the AM than I thought I did and can exercise more days of the week (energy and pregnancy complications permitting).

6 Likes

Today’s workout time was spent shoveling 12+ inches of snow. I have an annual membership to the yogadownload app, so I think I’m going to switch back to using that app for my daily yoga instead of yoga with adriene. I do really enjoy doing daily yoga now and I want to continue doing it every day!

4 Likes

Y’all weren’t kidding, day 27 was tough. I wasn’t a big fan of all the three-legged-dog into mountain climber business, but I got through (mostly).

3 Likes

I found a 2-week challenge on my yoga app called yoga for busy people. I did day 1 this morning and it was hard! It was only 18 minutes but it was a vinyasa flow class marked as moderate intensity and the level was advanced beginners and up. I was surprised that I got so out of breath! I also had sweat running down my chest.

I don’t know when I should switch to prenatal yoga - I’m planning to just continue doing normal yoga until it feels uncomfortable?

4 Likes

I am at 12 weeks tomorrow and I do notice some discomfort sometimes with anything that squishes the belly- YMMV if you have less bloating. I’m on supplemental progesterone so I will be interested to see if mine subsides next week when I’m off it and I get a couple more weeks of regular yoga.

So basically I am thinking the same as you- switching to prenatal when it starts to feel more seriously uncomfortable. Jazzercise I can probably do the whole time except for ab routines because it’s mostly standing and not so many belly-squishing things!

4 Likes

Day 24. I had very stable balances, so I was able to focus on keeping my hips aligned, just like they are after me to do in physio.

4 Likes

I neglected to check in yesterday, but I did Feb 2 yesterday and Feb 3 today.

4 Likes

Day 28 done! That was a nice relaxing one after yesterday- felt good.

4 Likes

And day 29! That’s it for me because I know I won’t like day 30! The practice of making time to exercise almost every morning (even Saturday, when I am the only one who has to get up and go to work and it’s tempting to sleep an extra half-hour) has been so useful for me. Tomorrow I might take a break from yoga and do some Jazzercise strength training instead, but I’m hoping going forward to up my yoga from only once a week to at least twice.

6 Likes

Yesterday I took a long walk with the girls for my exercise, but today I did yoga again. I should have been warned by a class titled “nothing by core” but they didn’t lie. It really was nothing but core and fast paced with essentially no breaks in between.

5 Likes

Yesterday I did the Feb 1 yoga (since I’d already done the Feb 4 on the the 1st). Today’s was supposed to be a meditation practice, but I was not in the right state for that. So I did the one listed for Feb 23 - Hips and Core Vinyasa. Only 12 minutes, but it’s a good one. And not the hard ab workout like we did in January.

4 Likes

day 25, I actually saw how I might at some point get from pigeon to downward dog in a smooth organic move. This was more of a multi-step heave, but I kinda did it?

Release is a good reminder for this evening as I prep for tomorrow’s discussion.

4 Likes

Feb 6 yoga - Love Yoga Flow. I wasn’t keen on a 35-min practice when I was starting at 1130pm, but it was worth staying up for.

Tomorrow’s is 50 minutes! I will have to find time during the day for this one.

3 Likes

I did hands free yoga yesterday because I didn’t want to commit 35 mins, but maybe I’ll do it tonight!

3 Likes

My husband pulled up youtube this morning and there is a new yoga with adrienne video that was suggested to him (because it is logged in under my account). It is titled “Date Night Yoga” and he sent me a text asking what she’s getting stretched out for ?! :laughing: :woman_facepalming: :laughing:

4 Likes

I found a random ywa video to do today - Morning Yoga Flow and I really, really enjoyed it. I might do it more often. It had the perfect mix of twisting (my sides LOVE twisting - it feels so damn good) and strength and core work, plus low lunges which I am still terrible at and fall over half the time.

4 Likes

I finally got around continuing the series, and finished day 26 today. Felt a little more stiff after a couple days off yoga (plus I have COVID currently, symptom free so far though… but may not help).

As I can’t go out for a couple more days, I guess I may be able to finish the remainder of the January series this week :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Official yoga teacher answer: you should avoid anything on your stomach, and closed twists from a positive test, pregnant yogi answer: same but from when you decide, probably around 12-16 weeks.

All along balance poses including headstand are fine, but if you aren’t doing them consistently don’t start, and have supports for balance poses instead of falling out.

The pelvis opening benefits of prenatal yoga are more late 2nd into early third tri

4 Likes

At the point where I need serious yoga to sleep, so I guess it’s 4 months challenge time?

4 Likes