What are you saying?

Nose!

2 Likes

Ahdoosh?

Every time we went past one particular picnic group at the park.

1 Like

Clearly he saw some douche

Also still don’t know what carayma is

3 Likes

There were a lot of overcrowded douche filled areas, so maybe.

2 Likes

Fuhk ewe Fuk you Fuhc u.

I have NO IDEA what this means. But it happens A LOT at dinner time. It’s not asking for a fork.

4 Likes

Also, totally understood this one, but it was super sweet.

“Mommy will you rub my back? No, not my shirt…my back!”

6 Likes

…I have a guess?

(And then I wondered about “for you”)

1 Like

Maybe for you.

I mean, I don’t think he is being completely rude. And I don’t think he’s heard what it sounds about more than a few times, which is probably enough to pick up on it, but it seems weird it is confined to the dinner table if it is what it sounds like.

2 Likes

We had “da dooks” for a long time, and “mamacks”. It took us a LONG time to figure out that it was “thank you” and “music”.

5 Likes

I’m thinking maybe thank you. It is sometimes accompanied by hitting his face, which seems to be thank you.

3 Likes

That makes sense at dinner time!

1 Like

Awww. That’s sweet. I love that we’ll eventually get all these sweet phrases

2 Likes

“Baby can hold comb?” (receives comb) “It’s a brush!” It’s a comb. “It’s a brush!” It’s not a brush, it’s a comb. “It’s a bruuuush!” Cue tears.

He seems to be in a contrary phase.

6 Likes

“Dada can hold Oscaw to a woth?”

= Dada, bring Oscar and the Moth upstairs. He seems to be conflating this book title with Said the Cat to the Kitty and the moth with a wasp.

1 Like

SOLVED.

The scene: we are all on the couch. The wiggler is watching Numberjacks, I am ordering DoorDash and not paying attention. Suddenly I hear, “now she’s got two things!”

My brain rewinds. What was said just before this? Aha! “That’s not one of the builder’s tools.” That explains why it didn’t quite sound like “toys!”

The Numberjacks are British, so that also helps explain the incomprehensibility.

I have no further context other than the usual Numberjacks trying to solve a problem/mystery, but at least now I have the words.

5 Likes

Overheard from the other room:
“Do you want to eat some noodles and hot dogs?”
“No!”
“Then why did you make Mama heat them up?”

4 Likes

“Spaghetti. Long Noodles. Spaghetti. Long Noodles”

On repeat for 15 minutes. He did NOT want us to make shell pasta.

7 Likes

“Hey mum, people die in all different ways don’t they?”
“Yes, where did you hear about that?”
“It’s just something my brain has been thinking about”

:no_mouth:

10 Likes

Since turning 2 this month, my son is a lot less mysterious in what he is saying lately. Some of his favorite phrases:
“No diaper, just wipes”
“Go away Mommy”
“[Sister’s name] did it”

Last night however, the 4-year old said
“IIIIIIIIWAAAAAAAHHHHTTTRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD” and was really upset that I didn’t immediatly do that, so she screamed it a number of times and then went into a full on tantrum. She wanted to read.

Oh, and I forgot last night, my son was in the kitchen saying “No [his name.] Red choice” on repeat.
I was reading with my daughter, and when my husband walked into the kitchen, he was waving a steak knife around. I mean, at least he knows he isn’t supposed to have them? But EEK! He grabs everything off the counter. We’ve had so many spills with him. Our daughter never did that until she was big enough to climb things and see what she was grabbing.

8 Likes

“Bruno! Don’t bark at the neighbors in the backyard! Bruno! Don’t bark at the neighbors on the playground! Bruno! Don’t bark at the neighbors in the bathtub!”

Our neighbors have a new puppy and the wiggler could hear him barking from the bath :joy:

4 Likes