What are you saying?

“Gel freezes” is the best thing I have ever heard! :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

"where is the clippy clippy?"accompanied by lobster pincher hands. Me on the couch, looking for the remote that controls volume.

8 Likes

“Mama can hold your Kindle?” Meaning, mama, now that we are sitting together on the chair, you should read on your Kindle so that I can watch videos on your phone.

6 Likes

“Mahr” (more)

Meaning “do that again”, or “more food”, or “water/milk”, or “do that thing you did earlier today”

It’s a constant guessing game around here.

3 Likes

“Tell story of [insert random item]”

Means mama needs to make some once upon a time shit up fast about things like the computer, the garbage truck, helicopters.

2 Likes

We’re (signing) “all done” a lot right now. Really trying to test it’s abilities. It’s quite the guessing game. So far this morning she’s tried to “all done” the dog getting on my lap, the magnet not sticking the wrong direction, and daddy’s water being empty. Near as I can tell.

6 Likes

[observed on a walk]

“kick snow”
“we came out to have a stroll”
“I’m kicking the snow”
“do you want to go back in to the car?”
“I’m kicking the snow” (the child found the parental question a complete non-sequitur)
“stroll?”
“kick snow”

at which point I had moved past and couldn’t hear what the final decision was.

5 Likes

Ado
(I do)

4 Likes

“Come on Lily! It’s right here Lily!”

I walk over trying to figure out what he’s talking about and see if he’s terrorizing our cat. He was trying to convince her to get his plastic car with him so he could drive her around.

She had no desire to do this whatsoever.

7 Likes

Pajamas used to be “pih-jamas” but now they’re “pajammies,” probably because I use “pajamas” and “jammies” interchangeably. This morning he was looking for his “Hanukkah pajammies” (there’s a backstory about Dada getting his pajamas ready while Mama gives bath).

5 Likes

“eat eat apple”
“eat eat nono”
“eat eat nana”
“eat eat opple”

Which was pretty adorable, if it wasn’t 4 a.m.

5 Likes

This morning I asked my daughter to put on her shoes. I said “your shoes are in the living room”.
I did not realize they were ALL in there, but they were.
So I lined up her velcro sneakers, her slide on sneakers, and her closed toe sandall, and then puts the boots in front of her.

She said “no, the boots go in the line” and moved them.

Then she took forever, so I said “you’re going to wear the boots”

I was screamed at.

Then she said, my neighbor will decide (I guess from Daniel Tiger).
“What do you think neighbor, do you like the light up shoes, the mermaid shoes, the puppy shoes, or the boots?” Squeaky voice “wear red shoes”.
“Neighbor there are no red shoes”
Squeaky voice “Boots!”
“Mom, my neighbor thinks I should wear the pink boots.”

Then she happily put the boots on…

7 Likes

“Carayma!”
“Grandma?”
“Carayma!”
“Crema?”
“CARAYMA!”
“CAMERA?”

I never found out what carayma was.

3 Likes

Carry me?
Carry mama?

Neigh be be neighhhhh
Woof woof
Voom boom (asking to use the new vacuum)

1 Like

I wish it was that. He was gesturing at a hole in the blanket. It’s confusing when you’re kid might be speaking spanish or English or arabic or toddler.

6 Likes

What’s the arabic word for “please darn this hole”?

D. yesterday kept asking for “snack”. I showed him every single snack in the house. Turned out he wanted bubbles.

4 Likes

The wiggler has been saying a phrase when he picks something up. It sounds like (and I have been repeating it as) “that’s not one of Buddha’s toes.”

I’m pretty sure this is not what he’s saying.

This is generally followed by picking up another thing, often of the same type: “Now she’s got two things.” And he continues as he picks more things up–“Now she’s got three things,” etc.

I’m fairly certain he’s repeating something from one of the kid videos he watches, but I don’t know what.

2 Likes

Is toes toys?

Any chance it’s Dora?

1 Like

Toes could be toys, I think. Usually he pronounces it more clearly than that, but I’m not sure.

I don’t think it could be Dora, though I’ll ask D. More likely LBB or Cocomelon–or that other show with the animals that get trapped in a cave in one episode? I can’t remember what the show is called.

1 Like

Update: D says no Dora. We’re guessing it’s something like “that’s not one of Buddy’s toys.”

Numberjacks is a show he’s been enjoying a lot lately.

1 Like