Weekend Plans

It’s not. I just wildly overestimated how much I could accomplish on Saturday and Sunday, as usual :rofl:

1 Like

And it’s almost that time but I wish it started now. I’m a little tired.

I plan on being able to eat a pice of my delayed birthday cake while SO eats the rest. I want to try to do some exercise each day, and maybe go out for dinner with friends.

Oh and catch up on the loads of threads and maybe write in my own journal ( which I neglect reading others but feel I should write in my own to contribute). I don’t really want to do my weekly market check in because we all know that’s gonna blow - I was already crying on the inside a bit.

5 Likes

Ooh, let’s see, what are we doing?

Pizza night at the local bakery - $5
Library for storytime and event with animals - $0 (more like -$20 if you count all the books we won’t be buying)
Grocery store - hopefully under $80
Lowe’s for an outdoor trash can - $50? We need to get a really sturdy one since the one we have now is broken beyond use, and we’ve had it for less than two years.

I want to bake either bread or bagels, $0. And it’s supposed to be warm-ish on Sunday so hopefully we’ll go to the playground, also $0.

3 Likes
  • Community theater production in the nearest “town.” (Pop. about 7K)
  • Dinner with friends tonight. An excuse to drive 40 miles for the nearest Thai since they’ve moved from nearby to about the same distance in the other direction.
  • Much grading (sigh)
  • Data management plan for NSF grant (double sigh)
  • Grocery run as a means of escaping from Numbers 3 and 4 above.
  • Edit: also tractor repair and use (him; his jobs are funner than mine, methinks)
3 Likes

I have never tried to make bagels and would love to hear how they turn out.

1 Like

Oh hey, it’s the weekend!! :slight_smile:

Tonight - climbing at the gym with a friend. $0 because I’ve already paid my membership for the year, but also kind of not $0 because I pay for my membership.

Saturday - Introvert day. I will ride my bike for however many miles I feel like and then eat a lot of whatever goodies I already have at home. I’ll need to go to the grocery store for fresh veggies and salad supplies and eggs for the upcoming work week, so that’ll probably be $20-$30.

Sunday - Probably climbing outside with friends because it’s supposed to be “warm” outside. (It’s still Wisconsin in February.) $28 to get my annual state park pass for the year, but that’ll cover me until 2021. What a deal!

5 Likes

Saturday - Cafe for breakfast with the little ($50?). Tai Chi (technically $11/session). Then putting together a bunch of shelves, doors and door handles to improve our house - we spent $300 yesterday at the hardware store.

Sunday - Brunch at our place with the inlaws. I need to pick up bacon and some nice tomatoes, maybe mushrooms too. $30 for food. Hoping to make it to a community fair that evening for dinner ($20).

Monday - Napping and maybe a park visit.

4 Likes

Tonight: take my belay test and do some top-rope climbing
Saturday: ??? Maybe take a long walk, do some knitting, nap
Sunday: Play flute with a group, nap.

Somewhere in there finish rereading the 7th Harry Potter book :smiley:

5 Likes

Survive

5 Likes

Same

2 Likes

They came out awesome, of course!

These are quite big—I’m still refining my recipe. I think next time I’ll cut the dough into 14 pieces instead of 12.

5 Likes

Wow! They look great!

1 Like

So what’s on everyone’s agenda for this weekend? I did not make it out of the house since March 31st and the Easter bunny will not be stopping by unless after Easter chocolate is still available next week when we venture into the world. Unless the sun is out I will be relegated to walking inside, too chilly for me. I would like to read, and continue watching Ozark (season 2 episode 8 currently). I have some projects on the go to get tidied (kinda procrastinating because I don’t really want to finish them).

1 Like

I’m hosting the talking dough and eating donuts livestream this Saturday at 2PM pacific/10PM GMT.

And then… work.

4 Likes

We are attempting to put together a watch party for amazon’s Making the Cut show with some friends from vet school. Beyond that, I don’t have much in the way of plans.

Might try to convince husband that we should order a fancy meat and cheese plate from our favourite little french bistro. It’s the sort of place that encourages you to linger and nosh and drink wine for hours, so not very well suited to our new reality, but I really want them to survive this.

3 Likes

I’m gonna bake stuff.

3 Likes

I am home but not working, so my weekend will be just like my weekdays. :cry:

2 Likes

Build as much of my new garden bed as I can stand.
Have some social time with friends on Discord.
Catch up on laundry.
Do some freelance work.

3 Likes

My plans for the weekend so far:
Set a 2-hour limit on work work. I really need more mental separation from this work at home job.
Decide on a place to put away my work computer and stuff so it’s not always in my line of sight all weekend!
Go for two walks each of Saturday and Sunday
Start reading A Gentleman in Moscow.
Decide what Easter mass to view (and what time).
Call or video call close family and friends. Include husband if he is so inclined.
Keep track of my time this weekend so that I can make an assessment how I am spending my time, decide whether or not that is serving me, and decide whether or not I wish to make changes. Put results in my journal if I am comfortable sharing.

3 Likes

Usually I would be throwing a huge Easter brunch for 20+ people (a thing I have done for nearly a decade). Not so much this year.

I think I will try to make donuts and attend Lily’s livestream.

Knitting.

Gardening.

Hopefully having an online hangout with some friends???

3 Likes