Vidja Games - They'll Rot Yer Brain!

I LOVE zoo tycoon!!!

3 Likes

My list is tabletop simulator, strange horticulture, and oxygen not included. What am I missing? Bear in mind that I have 100+ games in my library that I have never played, and am a hoarder of digital objects.

7 Likes

Would a 4 yr old be able to play it?

Enjoying strange horticulture

2 Likes

Update - it wasnt real zoo tycoon to my disappointment and didn’t get it. Looks like there is a game called Planet Zoo that has good graphics and looks fun but wont work on my mac.

2 Likes

Hmmm I don’t know. I only had the option when I was in high school :joy:

Just got one of the horticultural endings. It was cool but don’t feel compelled to play the different endings out. Do want to be an actual horticulturist when i have time and space. Im gonna be one rad old lady.

1 Like

Mr. Meer says the only “legal” games are the DLCs (looks like there’s 42 of them) but you can also go onto their “workshop” and download stuff people have put on there. But just a heads up that actual games will be additional costs beyond Tabletop Simulator itself.

So for example I’ve played Villainous with friends but I’m sure it’s not a legal Disney-approved version. One of my friends bought that off the workshop and invited the rest of us to play it. I don’t have any DLCs or workshop content yet.

We ended up getting Bowser’s Fury and Luigi’s Mansion 3. The Pokemon game will wait till Kiddo’s birthday just because it wasn’t on sale so I’m not in any rush to get it now.

It occurred to me to see if there’s any typing games on Steam, I see one for $5 in a quick search but it doesn’t have any user reviews. Since that one’s not on sale either I’m not in any rush to decide, maybe I’ll have time/motivation to look again later when I’m less likely to be interrupted.

3 Likes

The new Pokemon game makes some odd gameplay decisions but all of the new characters and Pokemon are adorable, it’s a great relaxing before bedtime game.

3 Likes

Agreed on all counts! :smiley: I’m having a very good time with it.

If you haven’t done it yet, the Normal gym is my favorite experience.

1 Like

I like the Ice gym even though I’ve never cared for ice types before! my wife couldn’t remember the ice leader’s name and described him as “whatshisname, the obviously queer he/him”

spoilers

Are Hassel and Brassius an item??

3 Likes

Ooo idk! I agree that if Grusha is a cis and or he/him I’ll eat a sock tho.
I’m still plugging through gyms and plot so will report back :))

Oh. And i exclusively imagine Hassel speaking with Verner Hertzog s voice

I recommend it.

4 Likes

i died

1 Like

What are people playing these days?

I’ve been playing Luigi’s Mansion 3 and enjoying it. I was wondering if I’d like it since Kiddo watched playthroughs on Youtube a bunch but it’s actually struck the sweet spot - I didn’t see enough to know how to solve everything immediately so I get to figure things out (and mostly futz around vacuuming everything so I can hoard coins and also just because I can), he knows how to solve everything so he’s blasting through with no regard for collecting coins or gems. Kid hasn’t played Silent Hill and it shows. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: (Silent Hill imbued in the the need to gather all the resources just in case and the paranoia of “Oh shit, you’re giving me lot of health … the next room is going to kill me, isn’t it?”)

7 Likes

I need a new game!

I played I was a teenage exocolonist and am so sad it’s over now. I mean there is still stuff tk do and collect but the major stuff has been done.

I was thinking Assassin’s Creed Valhalla next! I dunno. I’m obsessed with vikings?

4 Likes

My wife always recommends AC Valhalla and AC Odyssey and Dragon Age Inquisition! (She turns off a lot of the OTT battle effects in AC though)

I scratched the Exocolonist itch by rereading The Expanse series of books. I did go ahead and nab Mass Effect in a sale because I will probably enjoy a sci fi rpg narrative, I just haven’t started it yet.

2 Likes

I feel like this would consume and ruin me. As you may have noted, I am obsessive. HAHA.

I LOVED Mass Effect.

2 Likes

Hmm but what kind of Viking game? There are a few out there.

We play a ton of Valheim because it’s a procedural generated map, survival, crafting, sailing, exploration. (I am running 2 dedicated servers right now!)

I saw Northgard and am mildly interested. Seems like an “OK” real-time strategy game, goes on sale for $7.50-9 from time to time. (Hey, it’s currently on sale! Shoot I just bought it :rofl:)

I know personal recommendations are better and you’ve probably already Google Fu’d, but just in case:

The best Viking games on PC in 2022

You can learn a pinch more about Valheim and Northgard on that page.

3 Likes

i’ve tohught about valheim but I worry it’s only satisfying if I spend lots of consecutive time on it? I don’t have that lifestyle sigh.

I DO like survival/crafting games for sure. Up there with farming sims, dating sims, and heavy story based rpgs.

1 Like

Well if you play a solo game, it “pauses” when you’re not playing. So you can pick up, do some exploring/crafting/building/farming/sailing as per your mood, log off and pick it up again some other time.

The progression is satisfying, and that does take gathering the resources you need to craft the better gear. Then you start to feel comfortable in the new biomes that become challenging instead of terrifying.

We like playing on a server together, of course for voice chat, exploring together, but also you can specialize a bit and do the things you like doing. My sister likes raising animals and doesn’t mind farming. I can mine minerals endlessly, but also like to set up portals to far away lands. MvR likes building. Plus you can use fewer resources setting up shared crafting/cooking stations. And later on, you can share maps (instead of sharing screenshots of maps :joy:)

(Overall not saying it’s the right game for you - just trying to give you some sense if it’s like “too much time” or not. Hard for me to say. I sink “too much time” into it though! :rofl:)

4 Likes