Unf*ck Your Brain: memes and more

Probably. A lot of the notional projects are also new stuff related (maybe I should get that headboard I was considering after all and put it up…:thinking:), not usually decluttering. We all know retail therapy promises happy chemicals. Or if I do think about decluttering, I only imagine the end result, not the process. :joy:

4 Likes

PS I don’t actually DO the projects and I redirected my shopping energy into holiday gifts in this instance. But also brains don’t make sense and make more work for themselves. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Distraction/procrastination? This is a hallmark of my response to being overwhelmed (basically, deflect to something else, even if it is completely unreasonable).

5 Likes

Probably true as well… Or at least avoidance and a desire to do something that feels productive and is soothing/satisfying…

I ended up directing this energy toward basic cleaning and a short home weights workout. Now 2 days later my shoulders hurt :laughing:

5 Likes

9 Likes

I did a new thing yesterday that was stressful/nerve wracking due to the unknowns, although I’m proud of how it worked out.

Now I want a day off and my brain refuses to decision or socialize. :persevere:

Some memes I liked:

10 Likes

More Monday feels.

TBH plotting a 7 book fantasy epic is actually a great way for me to fall asleep, reliving socially awkward moments not so much to be sure

7 Likes

My best sleeps are falling asleep while planning my garden, daydreaming about the end result.

3 Likes

last night/morning 2am was thinking about all the things I had posted online in the past week and regretting each one for its unique reason.

7 Likes

Hugs.

Douchebag brain is a douchebag.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Where would we be without local news?

10 Likes

I think I’m tipped over but actually I’m down the street.

2 Likes

Rage does not touch my emotional state on this:

6 Likes

:rage::rage::rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

If parents were doing a good job on mental health, the school intervention would not be necessary!

7 Likes

Conservatives use valuable resources for students as political target for their agenda, more like. Shit.

6 Likes

give children coping mechanisms and says that the child can grow up and be a different type of person than parent wants

Certain types of parents unhappy

8 Likes

Also goes for accumulating physical baggage. Old things that no longer serve their purpose but are so familiar to keep, we don’t want to let go…

8 Likes

Coming after me and my two bins of shoes I’ll never fit again post pregnancy, I see how it is. :wink:

5 Likes

The day will come when it feels easier to let them go than keep holding on. You don’t need to rush it. :blush:

3 Likes