Unf*ck Your Brain: memes and more

It is 8:40. I have not gotten up yet. I resent that I have to do things, as predicted.

3 Likes

@BiblioFeroz shared elsewhere and I am stealing it for here for safekeeping.

3 Likes

That is really good. Thank you for posting it here.

1 Like

I get the spring sads! I didn’t even realize it until I started keeping a “line a day” journal for several years and literally stayed home from work the same date three years in a row. Weirdly, I think allergies are part of the issue for me? Records show it gets better once I start meds!

7 Likes

Yeah allergies fuck me up mightily. I get lethargic and give up on life.

2 Likes

https://forum.ohmydollar.com/t/bus-rides-indefinitely-postponed-by-galliver/773/1457?u=galliver

Realized this belongs.

Unrelated:

11 Likes

Cross posting:

10 Likes

I have seen conversations shift from “self care” to “community care” over the last couple of years (starting before COVID, I think). Which includes people caring about the community, but also the community caring for people.

9 Likes

Very much in the same vein.

14 Likes

Is there a jaw drop emoji? Because this explains so succinctly what has been in my head recently. I’m not actually supposed to feed, clean, care in my current setup. I’m a social creature but I live with only 1 other adult trying to raise kids, which when I look at how I grew up seems normal but if I look back at How Humans Live seems really fucking weird. Even making food at home - cheap takeaway has been around for centuries.

8 Likes

This makes me so mad when I think about it too much. Like literally everyone ate bread and cheese or food that a professional cooked from like… 1000 BCE to 1700 (dates approximate I know biology not anthropology) and I’m supposed to figure out how to make dinner 6-7 nights a week?

ETA: and usually someone else cooked the bread! Or made it from scratch!
2nd ETA: my assumption about basic food is Eurocentric. But I bet other places also had easy grain + fat and protein options that were portable in a similar way.

11 Likes

Or stew. Sometimes with… questionable ingredients.

5 Likes

I mean progressional just means you’re paid for your labor, not that you’re good at it, right? :joy:

6 Likes

Pretty sure that in cities it was more than Europe only. Noodles, tiffins. But I can’t remember my sources from years ago.

4 Likes

15 Likes

I learned from this thread that my favorite mental health advice comes from memes.

8 Likes

Like I said above…

8 Likes

Is there an actual reason that when I’m emotionally overwhelmed, I start thinking of ALL THE PROJECTS? Like, I’m not even keeping up with what I need to do and brain is telling me I should decorate and reorganize the bedroom? What?

Like maybe I should do something already on my list and not add to the list, idk.

7 Likes

Easy dopamine hits I would assume? More tangible task completion, and a physical manifestation of “things are bad and I must change something” and physical environment is more accessible than brain space or relational changes?

5 Likes