Today I Learned

It seems obvious once I thought about it, but: if you have multiple retirement accounts and get to the point where you have to take required minimum distributions, you have to take distributions from all your separate accounts.

6 Likes

Doesn’t seem obvious to me. :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

That’s confusing… because do you? What if it’s the total amount and you have to take a distribution percentage but it doesn’t matter which account the money comes from?

4 Likes

This is what my friend who works for T. Rowe Price just told me! I guess the accounts don’t know what other accounts you have, so you have to take whatever percentage of each of them.

7 Likes

15 Likes

13 Likes

21 Likes

Cool hermit crab / anemone pair.

9 Likes

16 Likes

20 Likes

Wow! I remember seeing him on TV, but had no idea.

2 Likes

11 Likes

13 Likes

that’s cool and makes sense, it is bridge technology after all, and bridges have those expansion gaps.

2 Likes

I’m sad that I knew this because of my horrible Physics class. I hate when we learn things that are interesting and it proves to me that it might actually be useful material and not a complete waste of my time :joy:

15 Likes

10 Likes

Marguerite Henry wrote a book about him that I owned when I was a kid.

5 Likes

“On the other hand, this could very well be a ‘fad’ between the animals where others temporarily pick up a behaviour displayed by one or two individuals before abandoning it.”

Scientists with their jargon. “Fad”!

5 Likes

I literally just saw that book at a yard sale this morning. There were a few great old kids’ books!

I came here to post:
My kid has a couple of books about animals that include the “macaroni penguin.” I wondered if it was called that because it looks like it stuck a feather in its cap and called it macaroni… and yeah! At least it’s the same macaroni being referenced!

I was going to be so disappointed if it was named after some guy called Macaroni.

8 Likes

i keep reading some of the description as “underpants”, then preferred that.

1 Like