Today I Learned

Ok I want to get on this chelating shampoo bandwagon. @mountainmustache29 what brand do you use? The one that @Bracken_Joy linked has lichi and I’m mildly allergic to that (it might be totally fine on my scalp but thinking about it itching doesn’t sound fun lol)

4 Likes

11 Likes

I use this one right now and I like it a lot! It’s not overwhelmingly scented, either

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ll give it a try :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I highly recommend doing a deep conditioning mask or treatment after using it, I find it tends to make my hair feel “squeaky clean” which is great in terms of hard water residue, but can be a bit stripping

4 Likes

I tried a new hair place today and the stylist recommended lathering conditioner onto dry “mids and ends” before using a shampoo like this on the roots only. I’m going to give it a try since I’m trying to embrace my curly waves a bit more.

6 Likes

this perfect device for mixing natural peanut butter exists!

8 Likes

Woah!!!

I have that and it is truly genius! I have encountered peanut butter jars it doesn’t fit on, though.

2 Likes

20 Likes

“an emergency teacher in Oregon doesn’t have to meet the high standards required by federal law for special education teachers, who must have a bachelor’s degree and full state certification to teach special education or be in the process of receiving certification while enrolled in a special education degree program […] Special education teachers in Oregon need a degree and proper training. Emergency teachers don’t need either.”

Bolding is mine!

14 Likes

One more!

“Some who oppose this game-changing bill either don’t have a clue how it works, or don’t understand the nightmarish situation families with special needs face in the City’s school system. Or both,” said Sydney Altfield, executive director of Teach NYS.

“Telling a bureaucracy to simply ‘hurry up’ is not a solution. At no extra cost to taxpayers, Councilmember Brannan’s bill is a lifeline for parents who can’t afford to pay thousands of dollars to finance an education the City is required to provide,” Altfield added.

8 Likes

Redwood trees are partially dependent on intertwined root systems to stay standing. And the tree cohorts will send nutrients to ailing individuals to help support the whole root network. That’s part of how they can grow so tall.

19 Likes

Emergency license teachers used to be extremely rare. You couldn’t even sub in Oregon without a teaching license. But things have gone to shit since the pandemic. We don’t have enough teachers, general ed or special ed, and we don’t have subs. Special Ed is really fucking hard because the students have higher needs and there’s a fuckton of paperwork and oh so many meetings. And you don’t get paid more. You go to school extra for the ability to get the harder job but you don’t get paid more for doing the harder job. Shockingly, this system does not result in a plethora of qualified SPED teachers. I’m surprised it’s not more than 103 teachers on emergency licenses teaching special ed in the state right now.

12 Likes

I feel so bad for the students :frowning: it must be awful for them to feel like such a burden and not get adequate educations and treatment, and so many of them are already doing life on Ultra Hard Mode. I’m just glad these issues are getting mainstream media coverage, finally. And I’m glad there are starting to be some legal repercussions for the schools. That’s the only way full effort will be put into actually solving the problem, because it is surely not unsolvable! I think that’s why I feel heartened by stuff like this, legal action is the only way to get change to happen for these kids:

8 Likes

22 Likes

So pretty!

2 Likes

These are the birds that the animated movie Rio is about!

7 Likes

9 Likes

15 Likes