Today I Learned

A lot of us in Phoenix don’t drink tap water. There are water kiosks everywhere that dispense filtered water for 25 cents to 50 cents/gal. It is worth it to me. A lot cheaper than the over $1/gal now for a new gallon of water in the stores. New gallon means a new container, at the kiosks I reuse gallon containers that used to hold sweet tea from Walmart. If I’m paying for a container I get something in it I like.

3 Likes

Since my parents drink soda, juice, or beer, this is alas not something we have access to when we visit.

3 Likes

15 Likes

I told Marmalade we have two Stubentigers and one Stubenlion :joy_cat:

6 Likes

Today I learned about Musaharaty! (after having witnessed one every night for the past week before finally looking it up!

8 Likes

The crew members for Artemis II, which is scheduled to fly around the moon in November 2024, have been announced! NASA astronauts Christina Hammock Koch, Reid Wiseman (seated), Victor Glover, and Canadian Space Agency astronaut Jeremy Hansen.

Artemis III is going to actually land on the moon, for the first time since 1972!! I’m so excited!!

22 Likes

Anyone know what the armpit pouches are? :smiley:

3 Likes

Tampons, 100%

12 Likes

ONE HUNDRED TAMPONS sings

11 Likes

Stank.

3 Likes

They’re arm floaties! Okay maybe not arm floaties but it is a flotation device since the orange outfit is what they wear on the way up and way down from space. (Youtube video explaining that and their moon suits, and I also found this if anyone wants to draw them).

I’m not going to say they didn’t also stick in some tampons just in case though. I mean, they are all about preparedness.

13 Likes

I want them to be tiny flaps like lizards have so they can expand and scare off rivals :joy:

19 Likes

Rivals? You mean, like, Russians?

3 Likes

At this point the Chinese are way more of our space race rivals aren’t they? Dark side of the moon and drilling rights and all that?

2 Likes

13 Likes

I suppose you’re right. Sadly, the war in Ukraine has taken all of my mental oxygen.

3 Likes

My 3 year old is moderately space obsessed so I’m more in tune that I would probably be by default. She likes to hear about missions being planned or that have recently happened because she likes to tell us about how she’s going to the moon and mars and Jupiter soon :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

I can logically understand that this was 50 years ago but my brain is also shouting NO. What a cool thing.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Deaf babies babble in sign language :sob:

14 Likes