Today I Learned

I had a packet of it from the new kettle but you can also use vinegar:

4 Likes

:rofl: it only takes that long honestly. Maybe 2 months before it’s visible? We use it a lot. 2-5 times a day so it sees a lot of water.

2 Likes

Now I have to descale a bunch of kettles.

12 Likes

I’m now picturing your house filled with kettles.

14 Likes

@Meowmalade lol okay so this kettle arrived on March 8th.
I drew an X in the scale so u can see it.
:rofl:

Less than a month.

12 Likes

Impressive!! :laughing:

1 Like

10 Likes

Kitchen, home office, work office, extra which was in Grad School City when Husband was at grad school but is now in a cabinet waiting for one of the others to break.

Only as many as is reasonable. (Seriously, I stay much better hydrated since I implemented this “make tea easy” scheme.)

10 Likes

Phoenix agrees with this assessment. And then everyone has water softeners so the water feels slimy instead :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

The water softener DOES iT’s BEST. :rofl:

4 Likes

Slimy water is the worst sensory experience. Ugh.

5 Likes

BUT the alternative is stiff hair from the shower. 8D ask me how i know.

2 Likes

Ugh I’m not in Phoenix but close enough. My poor hair. I have to strip it every 2 months, and every time I do it it’s like…WOW that’s what my hair is supposed to look like. I’m considering buying a shower water softener just to help my skin/hair survive the hard water but also…I hate the feelings of soft water on my skin :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

oh, is that why NZ hair likes a totally different shampoo from Toronto hair? that makes so much sense.

5 Likes

Apparently very fancy people systems both soften and then lightly re mineralize. That sounds dreamy. I struggle to even drink water when I go to Phoenix because it’s like the water version of skim milk. Deeply unpleasant.

This also sucks. My water where I am now is just hard enough versus Portland that I had to change my hair products and I dislike it. Chelating shampoo is bomb though, bless my hair stylist.

6 Likes

Which chelating shampoo are you using? I’m decently happy with mine but always snooping around for other options haha

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s eufora, I’ll check in a bit!

It’s definitely expensive but I don’t use it a lot and have shorter hair, so I’m only like half way through my first bottle I bought like 2 years ago :joy:

2 Likes

I was inspired and tried descaling my kettle with vinegar today. It looked fine to me but I figured it couldn’t hurt since we’ve had it for over five years and never descaled it. It’s definitely shinier now!

My allergies are so bad at the moment that I could barely smell the vinegar so my husband may have to finish the rinsing process :joy:

6 Likes

ooo thanks! I might try this when my current bottle runs out. I also only go through a bottle every 2 years or so, as an infrequent hair washer in general, so I don’t mind spending the $$ on a good shampoo

2 Likes