Today I Learned

16 Likes

I think this might’ve been a Criminal episode! A very fun one—they weren’t just “burglars.”

12 Likes

That was an amazing read!

2 Likes

This was a really cool article about a song traced throughout Australia:

Did a fairly good job centring the Aboriginal people rather than white people who happened to hear them singing it, too.

9 Likes

I can’t get over that there were apartments in the same building as the FBI office! Isn’t that super fucking weird?! I just assumed every FBI anything would be like, IDK, a bank vault.

3 Likes

17 Likes

19 Likes

GO DUANE!

4 Likes

“in Portland, OR”

Keeping Portland Weird, Duane!

5 Likes

16 Likes

11 Likes

our term ‘jumbo’ meaning ‘very big’ comes from the name of the popular elephant, he was not named Jumbo because he was large.

11 Likes

11 Likes

15 Likes

This was one of the main shows we watched as a kid. It might explain a lot about me :laughing:

6 Likes

19 Likes

I worked for the publishing company that put out this book about Grandma Gatewood!

13 Likes

Did she eat?

2 Likes

Haha I certainly hope so! I didn’t read it :innocent:

1 Like

Today I learned what “cis” means. I had never heard of that term before perusing this forum. I must admit that the makeup of this forum is quite different than I’m used to interacting with in day to day life. Therefore, my puny worldview is expanding ever so slightly, as evidenced by today’s new bit of knowledge.

21 Likes