Today I Learned

11 Likes

I got so obsessed with them a while ago! Fun fact: it’s not 100% that they were actual family. Some think the mom and dad were actually siblings and others think none of them were related but were just a criminal enterprise that posed as a family, because robbery was a major component of their whole deal. I mean they had a TRAP DOOR in their house supposedly right below the seat of honor in the dining room. Sounds like professionals to me. My pet theory is that they all met in the circus. Wild.

12 Likes

PLZ TELL ME THERES A PODCAST

5 Likes

DUDE. I’m so sure there is, haha.

3 Likes

Yesterday I learned what
CW - medical stuff about genitals

Summary

paraphimosis” is.

`

I was able to His Lordship a vet appointment for this afternoon.

6 Likes

:face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye:

Exactly. No telling what kind of ads I will soon be seeing after THAT Google search (for technical term and gist of medical info)

4 Likes

An early draft of Laura Ingalls Wilder’s memoir (that she instead turned into juvenile novels) shoehorned in a near miss with the Benders that is almost certainly invented from whole cloth. I know this because I have consumed pretty much all available LIW content even though I have extremely complicated feelings about this media franchise now.

10 Likes

Oooh not thread appropriate, but let’s talk about this somewhere else! My brother and I have had some great fights about books his kids read and you can give a professional opinion. Gonna tag you in my journal - extra fun bc I am loopy today

5 Likes

I look forward to it!

I’m so torn on reading those books to my kids. I LOVED them, but now I feel like they are like college level reading where you can really dig into them and understand the perspectives and biases presented. I don’t want my 5-year old thinking a lot of these attitudes are OK…

5 Likes

Big Woods is mostly, like, Ma making cheese. I will probably read cuckoo that one!

6 Likes

I’m certain I’ve listened to a single episode about them. Doesn’t look like it was Criminal so maybe it was My Favorite Murder?

2 Likes

I think you’re right and it was MFM!

2 Likes

I think so too! I don’t remember the name, but I remember the trap door!

2 Likes

11 Likes

I do that too but it’s only bc I eat so much garlic.

9 Likes

That would kill me good lol

“ Research on a handful of captive samples from three of eight slow loris species reveals that the protein within slow loris venom resembles the disulphide-bridged heterodimeric structure of Fel-d1, more commonly known as cat allergen.”

4 Likes

How does Farmer Boy stand up?

3 Likes

Haven’t read it since the aughts! It does have the teacher going after teenage boys with a bullwhip…

4 Likes