Today I Learned

Oh gosh yes I remember this one :joy: I’ve seen every episode of last week tonight :see_no_evil:

But I legitimately worry for that man’s life with how much he baits dictators, oil company execs, etc

9 Likes

I applied for the Peace Corps after undergrad and my assignment was supposed to be teaching English in Turkmenistan and I was like yeah nope, I will not be doing that.

11 Likes

OMG this is so out there. These country cults (my term, lol) are so fucking insane and it’s like the insular weirdness seeps into every aspect of everything. Dude is the most powerful horse girl in the world.

9 Likes

I don’t know anything about Turkmenistan except that my dad’s second wife was from there :flushed:

4 Likes

17 Likes

They’ve never been a threat to the US?
(Apparently we have favorable trade relations… https://www.state.gov/u-s-relations-with-turkmenistan/ )

I think for the most part we take positive views of former Soviet countries, strictly for being formerly Soviet. They also haven’t kept us from having their oil, like Middle East countries have.

Those are the main reasons we seem to have bad relations with countries. Human rights is a side note; saving the world from communism and exploiting its oil is the big deal.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Every time I see an elaborate cheese board I think of the Dutch still lives.

3 Likes

Why have I never heard of this sport which is basically group gymnastics performed on a moving horse?!?!?!

1 Like

Shows it as unavailable to me.

Can you click on “Watch on Facebook” at the bottom?

It just takes me to the general “watch” tab on my Facebook, not a specific video

FYI - that works for me

2 Likes

Same

1 Like

Try as a link?

Have y’all seen this? This could really change the game for autoimmune disease treatment.

7 Likes

I believe my Sil’s father is undergoing a similar treatment for cancer (removed some cells, modified them, and then put them back in to target things specifically). Science is fuckin rad sometimes! He has to stay basically on site (within 5 miles of Mayo) for 30 days.

7 Likes

That was so weird! I mean, super impressive but also bizarre.

1 Like

19 Likes

This is amazing.

3 Likes