Today I Learned

But also that outfit is a++++++

15 Likes

But who photographs the photographer?

14 Likes

I’m cringing at him out there in slick leather-soled shoes.

8 Likes

Yeah he’s putting a lot of trust is that shoe’s heel right there.

6 Likes

I hope his cobbler used that picture as an advertisement for years after.

7 Likes

“Snowclones”

2 Likes

Today I learned that Nick Kroll’s parents are billionaires. I mean it doesn’t really matter, but I learned it. And now I know it. And now so do you.

6 Likes

Public service announcement: Do not leave bananas on the counter for two full weeks, even in a Debbie Myer Green Bag, if you don’t want any banana juice.

14 Likes

:nauseated_face: :face_with_peeking_eye::grimacing:

5 Likes

Bad thing to forget. I blame dog sitting disruption.

5 Likes

Today I learned that a dove is a pigeon.

14 Likes

With much better marketing

16 Likes

I learnt that earlier this year! Was very surprised.

2 Likes

Look at this gorgeous horse!

15 Likes

Wow! That is the most beautiful horse I’ve ever seen. He’s got the highlighter of my dreams! :joy:

5 Likes

It seriously looks fake!

5 Likes

Turkmenistan is WILD btw if people don’t know about their president, giant white marble statues, and isolationism second only to North Korea… def worth reading about! Fascinating place.

9 Likes

Wow, that was a wacky wikipedia entry. Religious fundamentalism, extreme racism against Russians, separatism, extreme censorship, being gay and christian are both illegal, and massive oil reserves? It said they have the 4th largest natural gas reserves in the world! And they’ve outlawed satellites but also the death penalty. So…that all seems normal and why are we not talking about this as much as North Korea??? Thanks for the rabbit hole BJ, lol, looking for the giant statues now…

ETA: These statues are something else. Also I know the “president” is a monster and all but…everyone should see this picture because I think he wins best world leader portrait.

An excellent portrait of a terrible tyrant

13 Likes

He is a PERSONALITY for sure. Go watch the Drew Binsky visiting Turkmenistan. Watching him be thrown for a loop real time, knowing he’s even been to North Korea but found Turkmenistan a weirder experience, just crazy.

9 Likes

John Oliver did a show on Turkmenistan a couple years ago (or technically its leader and also the world record company, I think).

6 Likes