Today I Learned

I loved the feet holding part!

4 Likes

We once visited the same flower about 16 times one day because a bee was asleep in it and latte was FASCINATED.

13 Likes

Very much into a poem about visiting a flower now

2 Likes

Today I learned about this guy’s website

https://curbfreewithcorylee.com

and while he is far from the only disabled travel writer out there, I also found out he wrote a children’s book! I thought some of the thoughtful parents here might be interested! I think it’s important that it’s written by him and also that it’s a book depicting a disabled person doing things not just, talking about tolerance and disability, etc.

13 Likes

Thank you for the book rec! I will keep an eye out, agreed that is exactly the kind of book I’d get for my kids.

2 Likes

The “queen of scream” was a woman who came in my booksrore and got me to talk to her kids at the school where she taught. She also co-wrote the screenplay for “the blob” and acted in Charlie Chan movies. Her name was Kate Phillips and she is dearly missed.

What isn’t in either of those articles is that she’s called the “queen of scream” because one of her screams is used repeatedly in film and tv. She was fascinating to talk to…

5 Likes

Thank you! Bookmarked and just put in a request that my library get this. They’re pretty good at fulfilling requests so it should arrive in the next few months.

2 Likes

Texas Drought Exposes Dinosaur Tracks (msn.com)

2 Likes

I would sleep in a flower if I could!

5 Likes

Neil Gaiman didn’t like a prior earlier script for Sandman, and found a unique way to disrupt the project

full interview: Neil Gaiman on the Secret History of ‘The Sandman,’ from Giant Mechanical Spiders to the Joker – Rolling Stone

11 Likes

8 Likes

Um wtf. Luigi is going to live forever and I refuse to learn anything that could possibly contradict that.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Hmm yes thats definitely a thing. More thought needed but I’m impressed he was able to create something that won.

2 Likes

Abe Lincoln was going to go with the Dinner Party along with his best friend, but his wife wouldn’t let him. He was too sad the day they left to even go say goodbye.

1 Like

I was really confused for a bit! :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m still confused.

Darn autocorrect! DONNER party. They came to grief wintering in the Sierra Nevadas and may or may have practiced cannibalism.

5 Likes

Oooh okay. I didn’t even realize those were contemporary events! How old would he have been?

2 Likes

It was in 1846, so I’m mathing he was 37.

2 Likes