Today I Learned

Video: Woman is suing SW Airline for refusing to help push her in her wheelchair, as a result she fell and is now paralyzed

Fla. woman thrown from wheelchair when Southwest staffers refused to push her is now paralyzed: suit | Flipboard

10 Likes

Obviously less dire, but I read this today :rage:

6 Likes

I hope they consider suing the design &/or construction companies too. Engineers and designers should be made to pay for this.

9 Likes

So, sounds like they did the bare minimum they thought they could get away with and are now not getting away with it.

10 Likes

Ding ding ding!

4 Likes

On a conference call someone said they were at a thing and Post Malone was auxing. We heard it as oxing. Anyways, us old people had to ask for a definition so I thought I would share for any other oldsters to understand the kids these days.

The “Aux” at the party is the owner of the music device currently plugged into the auxiliary cable, thus controlling the parties groove.

13 Likes

Yes! Common question you may hear in a car: “can you pass the aux?”

5 Likes

Lol not in my car!

5 Likes

I have never heard that! (40-something Midwest)

1 Like

For us oldsters it means he’s in charge of the radio? :rofl:

9 Likes

We have one of the shortest funiculars in downtown LA! It’s not often working but it’s very cute

ETA: there are stairs along the left side that you can walk up/down the hill. Takes about 5 minutes or less to walk the whole way lol

7 Likes

Haha any car can have one! They even make inserts that go into your tapedeck to transform it into an aux :slight_smile:

6 Likes

…and you’ve sent me down a rabbit hole that led to a Bluetooth - FM broadcaster, so now I can listen to podcasts in my truck. Since it’s still going strong at 225K miles,* I’m thrilled.

*Turns out it’s a lot harder to break a diesel.

8 Likes

Today I learned about Frances Benjamin Johnston.

7 Likes

We have one of those that plugs into a cigarette lighter! Works great!

3 Likes

I had one and it was amazing. My FM broadcaster is less awesome because my area has too many radio stations for me to get a clear open signal.

3 Likes

I went up and down angels flight when I was in LA earlier this year because it was the murder site of a Harry Bosch book and tv series.

7 Likes

I mean, we have an aux cable and such, but Ive never heard anyone refer to it like this! I would talk about the music separately to the attachment method :joy: (early 30s here)

4 Likes

No idea if this particular slang is only in the US!

1 Like

Yay- that’s what I found! Husband’s truck is a '97 model but has Bluetooth (because he put in a working stereo). He makes fun of my old tech in my 2005.

3 Likes